Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Are there still a lot of players online ut3?(PC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there still a lot of players online ut3?(PC)

I saw ut3 black for 20 bucks on steam and i remember loving ut 2004 but got tired of it so i was just wondering if its worth my money and that if there are still an at least average number of populated servers. Thanks

Originally posted by bleacher6 View Post
    I saw ut3 black for 20 bucks on steam and i remember loving ut 2004 but got tired of it so i was just wondering if its worth my money and that if there are still an at least average number of populated servers. Thanks

a lot of players? No. No there is not. Might still be worth picking up though, depends on the game types you like I guess.

Comment

I saw ut3 black for 20 bucks on steam
      What a rip-off...
      You can get it for a lot less.

Cheers!

Comment

Well we still have Hedsteem going strong......alot of nights we have 12-18 players playing newly created maps...Plus a Saturday Tourny....Great community ...Tons of fun...IMO

Comment

Right now VCTF is pretty good and lots of fun. I usually have good ping to dfb, headsteem, and #2 epic. These servers usually have some very good players on them and no titan mutator.

I would rather play warfare, no titan, but it seems few others do. So many custom maps, and so few players, such a shame. I always check the war servers first just in case because some nights it rocks.

Comment

war is my favorite too, and lately at least one server has enough players.

btw, thanks for posting a pic where I am on the first place ;-)

nice rig too

Comment

as Nightmare said, $20 is a rip from steam, you can probably find UT3 for like 5 bucks. Its definitely worth picking up. A group of us play custom warfare every Sunday night and if all else fails VCTF usually has players.

Comment

what about team deathmatch? :P thats what id wanna play a lot of lol

Comment

what about team deathmatch? :P thats what id wanna play a lot of lol
                  If you live in Europe your in luck. Usually 1 or 2 TDM servers in Europe. North America usually has a server or two up as well with a decent number of people.

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers is a pretty good server, but I wish the map pool had more of the "good" maps.

But during weeknights here in North America, the game is pretty dead. Only about 175-250 play on weeknights, and those gametypes are usually Warfare, Vehicle CTF, and Greed. You can find DM, TDM, and CTF games but not all the time. On the weekends is a great time to play, and I would imagine the in-game population of UT3 will grow a little bit this summer with a lot of people getting breaks on school and college.

Comment

Nova,

The map list has been built by the majority of the regulars on the server.

A custom is put on by user request, or one is tried out, and it either stays or goes depending on the feedback. Enough complaints and the map will be removed quickly.

A few weeks ago someone wanted Liandri and Tempestx2 on, so Liandri was tried out again. The map is still on and nobody ever votes it. It probably needs to be rotated out.

Grendel, Agony, and Under were all put on the server by request of regular players. They did well enough to stay, don't get many complaints and are played somewhat frequently.

But make suggestions. I personally like to play different maps, and I'm always looking for maps that I think everyone will like. It is very tough to find a map that everyone likes, everyone likes a select 4-5 maps, and that seems to be all that gets played.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                      Nova,

The map list has been built by the majority of the regulars on the server.

A custom is put on by user request, or one is tried out, and it either stays or goes depending on the feedback. Enough complaints and the map will be removed quickly.

A few weeks ago someone wanted Liandri and Tempestx2 on, so Liandri was tried out again. The map is still on and nobody ever votes it. It probably needs to be rotated out.

Grendel, Agony, and Under were all put on the server by request of regular players. They did well enough to stay, don't get many complaints and are played somewhat frequently.

But make suggestions. I personally like to play different maps, and I'm always looking for maps that I think everyone will like. It is very tough to find a map that everyone likes, everyone likes a select 4-5 maps, and that seems to be all that gets played.

Don't worry Taffy. I like your server. Your server is ut3, lol.

Comment

You probably wouldn't want to drop more than $5-10 on it. As difficult as it may be to believe, UT99 and UT 2004 probably have higher overall player counts, individually. (Let's just say that UT3 wasn't very successful and was only a mere shadow of its non-consolized or less-consolized predecessors.)

Comment

There are more people playing UT3 at mid-day than 2k4, if you take all the demo servers out of 2k4 that is.

Comment

There's various regulars that play late nights pretty often. I tend to play late evenings a lot.

Not as much at the moment as I'd like, as I'm having technical difficulties with the local phone lines, and ATT isn't running out here at top speed to do anything about it. Basically I have good, decent DSL service. As long as the lines are dry. And guess when the ATT tech guy shows up? Yep, only when the lines are dry.

It's a huge mystery to them. Why do I keep calling for service? They can't figure it out. Last time I called them they told me, "oh your lines don't support that 3Mb speed you have, that's just excessive." They even did me the great favor of downgrading my line to 1.5, after I told them not to, and now they tell me they "can't" set it back. So guess what happened the very next time it rained?

I seriously need to dump ATT.

I'm sorry what this thread about? Oh yeah. Play UT3. Kill stuff. Dammit.

Comment

So that's what was up with you tonight! I noticed you warping around a little bit and seemed to be off your game. Heh, been wet as hell around here too, but I've never had an issue with Comcast that was specific to me or one that lasted over 20 minutes or so.

I'm a regular player in the evening hours, I normally follow the crowd and jump between greed and warfare. Night crowd is a good group of people, would like to see more in there though! (Lately a good sized group of new people are making it in, good to see)

Also for those looking to get into it:
                              http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.h...uctId=21524447

I have no ties to them, but they do have the cheapest price out there. Recently I sent one of my friends there to get a copy of the game and join in on the fun. I've paid a hell of a lot more then $8.50 for games I've spent far less time with then UT3.

Comment

Working...
                              X