No announcement yet.

Where do you keep your cd key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've reinstalled mine so many times that I can recite it from memory... but I sent myself an email (through Gmail) with the subject "UT3: XXXX-XXXX...". I just search my inbox for UT3 and it comes up.

Comment

Put it in Steam.

Comment

If you're doing any development on UT3, it's a heck of a lot easier to install it to C:\UT3 than to have to go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\etc... all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by DW>Fry View Post
          If you're doing any development on UT3, it's a heck of a lot easier to install it to C:\UT3 than to have to go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\etc... all day long.
          Make a shortcut to the folder and put it on your desktop or where ever eznp.

Comment

I have it in the case where it should be. Also Steam has it for me, although I couldn't get it to work through Steam so it's still installed outside of it. Either way, I can never lose it now at least.

Comment

I keep it in a text file along with my other game's keys in a safe place on the network. Also keep a copy on my BlackBerry in password keeper... Great place to keep stuff you don't want easily found by anyone.

And yeah, network changes must change something with the key and password encryption, each time I make some changes for testing I need to go back and re-enter it again.

Comment

yep!~ it's still there...

My book is still in the game box! with the cd key!

Comment

You guys are weird.
                  I keep my CD keys inside the DVD box, the UT3 one is on the manual. Development happens in the MyGames\UT3 folder here. (With MyDocs moved to a different drive.)

Comment

DUD! don't be sloppy, keep your box/book intact, and archive...

Comment

A tatoo on your arm will be suffice to never loose it . Choose the fonts depending on who u are .

Personally i have my config folder in all my 4 hard drives n i keep my retail box in a shelf .

I dont think ill ever loose my key tbh , unless my house would be destroyed by a deemer or smtng .

Comment

Working...
                      X