Where do you keep your cd key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you keep your cd key?

My UT3 manual kinda fell apart after these couple of years, because of UT3's constant nagging to enter it every single time...

So now my key has a permanent place on my cellphone in the outbox.

you can also write it inside the box in the upper space of the CD (Not in the CD, then when you would need it to install the game the CD would be inside the PC) with a CD marker

Comment

I keep my Keys on my phone and on my PC

Comment

You can copy your original DVD, add the latest patch and Titan Pack (ripped only) and add your key as a text file.
        Then you burn it.
        (However, the text file could be also on your pc - My Documents or so.)

I don't understand why your manual falls apart.
        You don't even need to open it...

Cheers!

Comment

Mine is still on my manual. If I loose it I'll just install my steam copy. I prefer my retail install though tbh.

Comment

I don't keep my CD key - Steam does. Every time I load up UT3 it pops up in a box in the lower-right. Haven't touched my manual in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
              My UT3 manual kinda fell apart after these couple of years, because of UT3's constant nagging to enter it every single time...

So now my key has a permanent place on my cellphone in the outbox.
              There's something wrong with your game if you have to re-enter the CD-key every time you want to play it. I noticed this usually just happens if you switch between playing offline and online. So, always login and everything should be fine.

Comment

Or as soon as you change any network related settings (in Windows.)

Cheers!

Comment

Bleh, just memorize your cd keys like me.

Or write 'em all down in a single file if you suck

Comment

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
                    I don't keep my CD key - Steam does. Every time I load up UT3 it pops up in a box in the lower-right. Haven't touched my manual in ages.
                    Me too, but out of interest is anyone getting nagged for their Steam password since the recent UI changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                      I don't understand why your manual falls apart.
                      You don't even need to open it...

Cheers!
                      It's quite aerodynamic and fits in all kind of places. Also useful for coffee mugs...

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                        Bleh, just memorize your cd keys like me.

Or write 'em all down in a single file if you suck
                        My UT3 isn't very Alt + TAB friendly so it takes a while. Also I just can't seem to memorize it, only recognize it...

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                          Me too, but out of interest is anyone getting nagged for their Steam password since the recent UI changes?
                          Nope, all been fine on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                            It's quite aerodynamic and fits in all kind of places. Also useful for coffee mugs...
                            lol...

Cheers!

Comment

you have to enter your key because you installed the game in a different (understand non default - Program Files) directory. To solve this, create ut3.exe shortcut (on your desktop), right click it and in the path after ut3.exe add -nohomedir
                              so it should look something like this C:/....../...../ut3.exe -nohomedir

I keep my cd key on the cd, you can pull it out when installing the game, copy it, insert cd back and continue installation ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X