Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warfare, Orb, and the spawntime after round 1

Hey guys,
    I always see it but I never really thought about it...

When the first round of a Warfare match starts, you can immediately take the orb.
    After the first round, you always have to wait (when the round begins.)
    It sounds harmless but on some maps like Islander it can decide on life or death^^
    In round one the orb carrier (east side) can often avoid contact to the enemy tank while aiming for the Air node.
    In round two - same conditions - it's not as easy as it was for the other team, because you have to wait for the orb.

Do you think this is a normal feature?
    Was it always the case (even in version 1.0)?

Well, I just had the thought and created this thread^^

By the way:
    Also the colored nodes are a bit annoying.
    Although the node is neutral (white) it has a color when you don't stay very close to it.
    This could also cause confusion, sometimes...

P.S. Sorry for posting such old stuff^^

Cheers!

This problem is for the 2 teams night
    I think it doesn t creat any disaventage (my own view) and i m not a pro orber

Comment

Yes, but look:
      On maps like Downtown it's not a big deal.
      But on maps like Islander it could be a big deal.
      It's not an orb carrier vs orb carrier race, it's more an orb carrier vs. tank race.
      Round 1: Orb carrier has better chances to win.
      Round 2: Disadvantage due to waiting time.

Fair? I don't think so.

Cheers!

Comment

Well actually, on Downtown that orb delay allows most of the slower players on the other team to intercept an orb run to your prime (w/o Manta taxi), which isn't really the case when there's no delay in the first round. Oh, and it's my preference to run orb to Prime first in DT and not Center because random players are unreliable and often slow >.>. Runs to Center first seem to be the norm elsewhere, as the internationals tell me... how often can you trust Prime to be up before you reach Center or have to fight at Center in those other servers??? Oh right... I noticed the orb delay because of orb runs in DT.

Comment

I do the same in DT yellow. I only go for center if I see a person BUILDING our prime. Floodgate is similar but there I try to go for center more often.

Yellow, elsewhere where it is a norm? We only have one populated server, remember? :-) Oh, I see, you mean Europe. So I guess there is only progamers playing on public servers there OR they are ALL noobs ;-)

Comment

I don't know. Running the orb is somebody else's job isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ctr2yellowbird View Post
              how often can you trust Prime to be up before you reach Center or have to fight at Center in those other servers???
              Clearly, you're playing with the wrong people. I always have the prime ready on time

Comment

i don't really think it's a feature, more likely it was just neglected. at the begining of round one, after the map loads you wait some time for all players to be ready(in that time you're in spectator form). if you go at the orb(while in spectator form, before the match begings), you can see the orb charging. in round 2, the round starts imediatly after the core explosion cinematics. the map reloads and players are spawned imediatly so you have to wait for the orb. the orb is set to charge when the map loads, not when the players spawn.

try leaving the orb in the orb respawner before you end a match and see if you get it imediatly after round 2 starts (make sure you leave it in the core respawner because you will lose any middle nodes you had).

also, i think you can beat the tank in the second round by taking the orb, using the hoverboard to jump to the closest turret(on the left),enter it(do it fast before you fall), and then use it to fast travell the distance (make sure you stop it before you reach the end or it will be a sitting duck for the tank), then jump on the rocks on the right and go from there. it might be faster.

Comment

Originally posted by r4du1234 View Post
                  try leaving the orb in the orb respawner before you end a match and see if you get it imediatly after round 2 starts (make sure you leave it in the core respawner because you will lose any middle nodes you had).
                  Wow, I didn't know that.
                  Well, sounds a bit unfair if you ask me.
                  But it wouldn't work on Islander, would it?
                  The orb respawner is not the same after the round.

Cheers!

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that.
                    Well, sounds a bit unfair if you ask me.
                    But it wouldn't work on Islander, would it?
                    The orb respawner is not the same after the round.

Cheers!
                    hmmmm, yeah :/

Comment

Working...
                    X