Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Replay Limit for Warfare servers

Hello,
    I wonder why almost no servers use that function.
    It's true that some players can get upset if they cannot vote their favorite map, but I think there should be a limit anyway.
    I have the feeling a lot of guys are just hangers-on.
    Let's say Downtown is running and there are 32 players.
    After the match 5 guys leave and 3 join and vote Downtown (or the previous map).
    Plenty of the other players (who have been on the server) do the same, they just associate.
    On Epic Warfare #2 we have around 20 maps, but honestly, most times only 4 or 5 run...
    I don't say make a Map Replay Limit to let players wait 10 matches.
    I was thinking about a number between 3 and 5.
    Example:
    Downtown-Confrontation-Cold Harbor-Floodgate-Avalanche-Tank Crossing-Downtown
    Such an example almost never happens, replace Cold Harbor with Downtown and Tank Crossing with Confrontation, and you know how it mostly works

Do you think such a thing could help to improve UT3's diversity?
    I doubt someone leaves the server only because he cannot play Downtown.
    Let's be honest: Epic Warfare #2 dominates anyway, it's always full.
    I deal with Titans (it makes fun to kill them in a 1on1) but I cannot really deal to play the same maps again and again.
    Sorry, but I feel kind of retarded in such a moment...
    (That was the reason why I left Counter-Strike Source - almost only dust2 jerks.)

What do you think?
    (This is not only addressed to Epic Warfare #2, but since it's always full it would make sense.)

Cheers!

Yeah, I'm getting sick of playing Downtown all over again. I've seen a server with this function and it was pretty good (I don't remember which server though). But the server had a pretty high number. It almost felt like every map has to be played until you can revote a map.

But on the other hand with a number like 3 or 5 the results on Epic Warfare #2 would be exactly the same. Downtown, Confrontation, Avalanche, Floodgate, Tank Crossing, start again. Those seem to be the most popular maps there. If we're lucky something like Torlan is played. On Epic Warfare #2 I rarely see maps like Dusk, Onyx Coast, Cold Harbor or that Tarydium mine thingy that looks like ONS-Ascendancy... what was it's name? See, it's so rarely played I even forget it's name... ah, wait, Power Surge it is... xD

Luckily the votings seem to be more diversified on some other servers. I'm usually looking for other servers, when I'm getting sick of Downtown and Floodgate. ^^

Comment

Hi Nightmare, you'd probably get a faster response if you posted this on the Multiplay forum. http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/unreal-series/

Comment

I don't play on the EU servers, but I imagine everyone could agree on a rotation of 3.

Comment

Thanks for your replies and votes so far.

@TourianTourist:
          Yes, I know this server, but I also forgot its name.
          However, I remember that many maps were missing.
          That's why it was not a good idea to add the Map Replay Limit on that server.
          It should be only used on servers whose map list is big, like around 20 maps.

@Flak:
          Well, I did not count the members, but I'm very sure Multiplay forums don't have as many members as Epic Forums.
          Furthermore it was more a "global" thought.

Once there are many replies and votes, I have not problem to create a thread in Multiplay forums.
          Then I would simply link this thread.

@ctr2yellowbird:
          Yes, 3 would be a good beginning.
          It can always be rised, but first it should be tested that's why a low limit is okay and fair.

Cheers!

Comment

lol all players on this server vote for: Torlan because there s a lot of vehicules and they like: it more easier to kill people
            Downtown because it s a classic map
            tank crossing because they can spam
            and flood so they can use spider and get easy kill
            sometimes they play confrontation because it s as torlan and sometimes they play cold harbor for the minigay spam fest ^^
            and for some raison of it i stoped play on this server

Comment

If we could get just replace all the stock maps with custom maps on a daily basis, and rotate (one day on, one day off), that would be great.

Comment

Hm but we must be sure that many players have the maps.
                If every player needed to download almost every map, he would quickly leave the server...
                Something like a "Custom Titan Pack" would be great

There are plenty of great custom maps, players must be simply attracted to download them.

Cheers!

Comment

I would be already happy, if most servers had the Titan Pack installed. I played on many active servers lately, that do not offer the Titan maps, which is a shame.

But like Nightmare85 said, the best way to bring the maps to people are map packs / bonus packs with a lot of attention/hype. Like the HOLP packs and Community Bonus Packs. (I'm a big fan of the HOLP maps and luckily there are quite some DM servers that use them.)

Comment

90% of games on that server are decided by whichever team has had the most Titans through the course of a game anyway.

There are very few upset wins at 32/32, can't really understand what the big attraction to playing on there is tbh. I mean looking at CLQ some players are putting in nearly 30 hours a week on it - sad buggers.

Comment

Some hours ago around 14 players were on a server called " =C-R= Chimera Rising Ut3".
                      (It's a server without the Titan mod.)
                      That server has an incredibly high bot count.
                      So, they were playing against a whole team of bots.
                      It was really laggy as well.
                      They complained: "Bah easy!!" or "LAAAAG".

I told them:
                      Let's play on a very good Titan free server called "Multiplay #1".
                      I even wrote them the command + IP.
                      Code:
                      open 85.236.100.217:8977 - Multiplay Warfare #1 (Popular + Custom Maps!) - 32 Player and NO Titan
                      (Even as soon as the match was over, and I explained them how exactly to do it, even how to open the console^^)

Well, 2 guys came (however they needed 10 minutes or so).

I can't understand some guys, really...

Cheers!

Comment

It's cos without Titan lots of players know they have no chance of bossing a game in the same way, that and the fact that however good the player is they're up against, they know they can turn things upside down in an instant,simply by a quick switch to Titan, followed by ground smash. It's a security blanket of the worst kind.

Comment

The "=C-R= Chimera Rising Ut3"-Server seems to be quite popular lately, but it's mostly just players vs. lots of dumb bots, which can be fun at first and results in some easy wins, but it gets really stupid after a while. Sometimes people switch over to the blue team hoping a real match could occur, but most people - including myself - just don't want to play together with all those bots (which are on average level). There's no Titan mutator, which is nice, but there are also no Titan maps. There's also no Orb Fix.

Don't know, if there's a way to contact the admin, haven't seen a page for the server or something. But it would be nice to reduce the number of bots (or get rid of them completely) and to add the Titan maps + Orb Fix.

Comment

Working...
                          X