Im thinking of buying this game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    people still play ut3. not as many. but enough to have fun and enough for greed, warfare, vctf, tdm, ictf to all be semi active

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tranix View Post
    Unreal Tournament 3 rocks...I suggest you to get it.
    What good is it if the online multiplayer part of the game is dead? (It was never really alive to begin with.) He would be better off just getting UT 2004 and/or UT99 IMHO. People are still playing UT 2004 Onslaught and Invasion-RPG and people are still playing UT99 CTF.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TourianTourist View Post
    I think you confused left and right here. And you don't have to load up three rockets, if you're fast you can even shoot a single grenade.

To explain it more simply: "While loading the secondary fire up, you can switch through the three different fire modes with the primary fire button." The crosshair then shows you a small text with "Spiral", "Grenades" or no text for the default wide-spread shot.
    Indeed you are correct - thanks for clearing it up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kaylila View Post
    What is the multiplayer like today, meaning is it still pretty active?

Is the campaign good?
    I bought UT3 in X360 since the beginning. There were a lot of players before. Now I have to say that it's very inactive . Get the game in PC, that's all.

Campaign? Well, campaign in Unreal is never so 'good', just here to train your aiming and to learn mods.

Originally posted by Kaylila View Post
    Lastly, what are the achievements in the game like? Do I need a friend (or more) to get all the achievements (I have no friends with this game, maybe you want to be my friend)? Seeing as how it is an EPIC game I want 100% gamerscore...

Any other things that I should consider before buying the game?
    Yes, you need to play with someone to unlock all achievements.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Get it, you wont regret it
    Freestyle ha!

The gameplay is great, the graphics are cool, and weapons and maps have realy great design.
    Not to mention the huuge amount of quality custom content, which are made from us fans

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unreal Tournament 3 rocks...I suggest you to get it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sorry

Originally posted by UTonPC View Post
    Masaai and TourianTourist,

Thanks for sharing how to launch grenades from the rocket launcher.
    I should have elaborate eirlier, sorry, weekends... was playing BS2, DOW2Chaos, and DFO (yehyeh, go ahead and laugh, i like SideScrollFighting), no time to reply... lol no job, play all day...

I see you were helped, i am glad, if i were to answer:

RocketLauncher:
    *Left mouse button (primary fire): insta-rocket (one at a time)
    *Right mouse button (charge/horizontal spray 3 max, and WILL fire automatically upon full stock)
    *(charge) click and hold left mouse button, will shoot (charged #of rocket, and yeh you can shoot one as well), in a cluster (very compacted closed together group), flying out in a spiral spin! (beautiful death)
    *(charge) click twice, will turn (#charged cluster) in to grenade(s), and yeh, i think you can do one grenade as well....(but WHY?!, ammo is everywhere, you should go for the MOST CHAOTIC WAY TO KILL TO REACH TO YOUR FRAG HIGH!) Grenade logging BANZAI!!!

(wow, 4 functions) that's a colorful weapon! you DO know how to shock combo... right?

Shock Rifle:
    Primary: beam
    Secondary: ball
    Combo: Beam in ball = BOOM!

yeh, that's quick...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Masaai and TourianTourist,

Thanks for sharing how to launch grenades from the rocket launcher.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have it on both PC & Xbox360.

Im a PC gamer at heart - always have been - and I also happen to love the UT series. It's a sorry state of affairs that UT3 on the PC hasnt received the respect it NOW deserves. It is a great game, just like its predecessors...

I recently got an xbox 360 for xmas. What can I say? I wanted to experience console comfort - big comfy couch, 42" tv, wireless controllers, and more importantly, something that I could play with my 2 wee kids. And you know what, its a great machine. I love it. My initial fears about playing first person shooters on a controller were immediately quashed. MW, MW2 - perfect. Ok, you cant snap on in an instant for a headshot, but everybody is more or less in the same boat. Those games are perfectly paced for console play.

Being a true tight-***, I've also been stocking up on 2nd hand games from ebay. Just last week - there it was - an oppertunity to buy UT3 for £3. I couldnt resist.

I loaded it up, and a little piece of me died inside. I was greeted with that horrible initial interface again. The stock maps. Urgh, the stock DM maps. And no way of getting any of the fantastic free custom content. No map mixer, no greed, no BTA, no Spacenoxx, no dodge-jump mutator...

Performance, well, im sure it is acceptable for a console. However, I never realised how jarring a locked 30fps would be - even when coming from a 4 year old PC! But you do get used to it. I give epic an A+ on this one considering how constrained they must have been with memory limitations, and an underwhelming GPU.

What you DONT get used to however, is just how utterly utterly impossible it is to effectively use the shock & sniper rifle on anything but a sitting target. The game is just too fast-paced to make them a feasible option.

And dodge jumping. Practically impossible to pull off successfully, rendering a lot of 'PC-normal' map routes redundant.

My first dive into online was equally bad. I got dumped in DM-Defiance. With low grav enabled (an attempt to make hit scan more usable?). And 2 other players. And 13 bots. Oh, and a 200+ ping. I was doing reasonably OK, and went to look at the scoreboard. Only when I opened the scoreboard, only my score was there, and every other score was blank.

Inside, I died some more again.

Get it on the PC. End of story!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well UT3 has better gameplay than 2k4 but 2k4 has all the better features and user interface and such.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
    Load up 3 rockets with the LMB, in the time before the rockets fire click the RMB once to change the firing mode to 'bunched-up-spiral' (I just made that up) or click the RMB twice to lob 3 grenades [into the face of an unsuspecting victim preferrably].
    I think you confused left and right here. And you don't have to load up three rockets, if you're fast you can even shoot a single grenade.

To explain it more simply: "While loading the secondary fire up, you can switch through the three different fire modes with the primary fire button." The crosshair then shows you a small text with "Spiral", "Grenades" or no text for the default wide-spread shot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UTonPC View Post
    Could you elaborate on how to do this? I thought only bots can do this.
    Load up 3 rockets with the LMB, in the time before the rockets fire click the RMB once to change the firing mode to 'bunched-up-spiral' (I just made that up) or click the RMB twice to lob 3 grenades [into the face of an unsuspecting victim preferrably].

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Punichan View Post
    you can switch to grenade mode, log 3 bouncy grenades that will detonate up on contact or 3 seconds after leaving the nozzle (RL is actually the better example).
    Could you elaborate on how to do this? I thought only bots can do this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also if you don't have that good of a PC, check out the HOLP maps, they're fun and run great on a low end system!

http://holp.beyondunreal.com/holp3.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i've played many games after ut3, but i always come back to ut3 to play some online games. at least once a day.

it's fast. it's furious. it's hard!

of course, get it on PC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X