No announcement yet.

Im thinking of buying this game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really imo UT3 should be played on the PC and stay on it. I really think UT3 moving to console killed the series, along with the really early release date.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
      Really imo UT3 should be played on the PC and stay on it. I really think UT3 moving to console killed the series, along with the really early release date.
      Yeah and the lousy demo turned alotta ppl off too :/

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
        I agree that UT3 should be used on a PC only. I waited until 2010 to buy this game because my fastest machine was built in 2003 using 2002 technology. That computer is now running Windows 7 and Office 2010 only.

Kaylila,

Get this game for PC; it was worth the $10 I paid from NewEgg. Plus, it would be nice if you could join us online sometime.

cheers!

Comment

review for UT3

First of all, To me, UT3 is a love/hate thing, I love it's game mechanics, but hated it's story, and how it's NOT delivering the "Tournament" game play. in terms of fun factor, it's ranking 1 entire grade lower than it's predicessior UT2K4, however, despite it's flaws, it's still #1 fast paste hardcore shooter out there.

I think in short, it's a "good times" game, not a epic adventure, or story driven, or even whole lot of option. but it WILL give you a good time for online/bot fragging. If you are looking for massive DL contents, like UT99, and 2K4, it's not as rich, but it's there, if you get PC version, all the mods/maps will be there for you to "add on"ON PS3 (i think) is free, just use USB to transfer, however, I think I think it's not 100% compatible, PLUS FULL KEY/MOUSE compatible !!!!!. XboX is the worse choice, mutiplay requires pay (in this case, if you are only playing at home, or bots, it don't make a difference) to do multi play, DLC is NOT free, and I DIDN'T hear anything about key/mouse supports (the game compared to UT2K4 is GREATLY NERFFED, so even with **** pad like the 360, even I was able to get a decent frag amount)... not to mention that it's gut less storage space than PS3, not a lot of place to put all that mod/maps anyways... (but again, if you are only for a short, little content, and casual, an XboX would still give you tons of action, but if you want more, PS3 would offer more option, but the BEST way to play a UT game, is through a PC.

I'd say:UT3 is worth roughly (at lease)$20-$30(but not worth over) on a PC/PS3, but on a XboX, if you paid ANYTHING OVER 10 bucks, you just gut ripped off! Do you want to buy this game? YES! IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAY THIS SIRES, IF YOU AR A FPS player, YOU HAVE NOT LIVED TILL YOU PLAY UT! This game sets the bar for hardcore gaming, it makes all the modern war games eat it's dust for it gives you the freedom of speed, and shooter challenge to the point of twitch gaming, but the crosshair stays true ALL THE WAY, for weapons, it's gut MORE colors than the colors of the rainbow. 10 basic weapons most packed with 2 firing modes; just to give you an idea, Rocket Launcher: insta/charge up to 3 shoots, horizontal spray or cluster, if crosshair on target for 3-5 seconds, activates homing missile, while charging, you can switch to grenade mode, log 3 bouncy grenades that will detonate up on contact or 3 seconds after leaving the nozzle (RL is actually the better example). The game features LOADs of cars, air/hover crafts, tanks, and 2 very different walkers! plus a MOBILE base that can be used by up to 5 players! (Voltron?!) anyhow, it's a game that WILL blow your socks off if you missed it before.

Comment

i've played many games after ut3, but i always come back to ut3 to play some online games. at least once a day.

it's fast. it's furious. it's hard!

of course, get it on PC.

Comment

Also if you don't have that good of a PC, check out the HOLP maps, they're fun and run great on a low end system!

http://holp.beyondunreal.com/holp3.html

Comment

Originally posted by Punichan View Post
                you can switch to grenade mode, log 3 bouncy grenades that will detonate up on contact or 3 seconds after leaving the nozzle (RL is actually the better example).
                Could you elaborate on how to do this? I thought only bots can do this.

Comment

Originally posted by UTonPC View Post
                  Could you elaborate on how to do this? I thought only bots can do this.
                  Load up 3 rockets with the LMB, in the time before the rockets fire click the RMB once to change the firing mode to 'bunched-up-spiral' (I just made that up) or click the RMB twice to lob 3 grenades [into the face of an unsuspecting victim preferrably].

Comment

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
                    Load up 3 rockets with the LMB, in the time before the rockets fire click the RMB once to change the firing mode to 'bunched-up-spiral' (I just made that up) or click the RMB twice to lob 3 grenades [into the face of an unsuspecting victim preferrably].
                    I think you confused left and right here. And you don't have to load up three rockets, if you're fast you can even shoot a single grenade.

To explain it more simply: "While loading the secondary fire up, you can switch through the three different fire modes with the primary fire button." The crosshair then shows you a small text with "Spiral", "Grenades" or no text for the default wide-spread shot.

Comment

Well UT3 has better gameplay than 2k4 but 2k4 has all the better features and user interface and such.

Comment

I have it on both PC & Xbox360.

Im a PC gamer at heart - always have been - and I also happen to love the UT series. It's a sorry state of affairs that UT3 on the PC hasnt received the respect it NOW deserves. It is a great game, just like its predecessors...

I recently got an xbox 360 for xmas. What can I say? I wanted to experience console comfort - big comfy couch, 42" tv, wireless controllers, and more importantly, something that I could play with my 2 wee kids. And you know what, its a great machine. I love it. My initial fears about playing first person shooters on a controller were immediately quashed. MW, MW2 - perfect. Ok, you cant snap on in an instant for a headshot, but everybody is more or less in the same boat. Those games are perfectly paced for console play.

Being a true tight-***, I've also been stocking up on 2nd hand games from ebay. Just last week - there it was - an oppertunity to buy UT3 for £3. I couldnt resist.

I loaded it up, and a little piece of me died inside. I was greeted with that horrible initial interface again. The stock maps. Urgh, the stock DM maps. And no way of getting any of the fantastic free custom content. No map mixer, no greed, no BTA, no Spacenoxx, no dodge-jump mutator...

Performance, well, im sure it is acceptable for a console. However, I never realised how jarring a locked 30fps would be - even when coming from a 4 year old PC! But you do get used to it. I give epic an A+ on this one considering how constrained they must have been with memory limitations, and an underwhelming GPU.

What you DONT get used to however, is just how utterly utterly impossible it is to effectively use the shock & sniper rifle on anything but a sitting target. The game is just too fast-paced to make them a feasible option.

And dodge jumping. Practically impossible to pull off successfully, rendering a lot of 'PC-normal' map routes redundant.

My first dive into online was equally bad. I got dumped in DM-Defiance. With low grav enabled (an attempt to make hit scan more usable?). And 2 other players. And 13 bots. Oh, and a 200+ ping. I was doing reasonably OK, and went to look at the scoreboard. Only when I opened the scoreboard, only my score was there, and every other score was blank.

Inside, I died some more again.

Get it on the PC. End of story!

Comment

Masaai and TourianTourist,

Thanks for sharing how to launch grenades from the rocket launcher.

Comment

sorry

Originally posted by UTonPC View Post
                            Masaai and TourianTourist,

Thanks for sharing how to launch grenades from the rocket launcher.
                            I should have elaborate eirlier, sorry, weekends... was playing BS2, DOW2Chaos, and DFO (yehyeh, go ahead and laugh, i like SideScrollFighting), no time to reply... lol no job, play all day...

I see you were helped, i am glad, if i were to answer:

RocketLauncher:
                            *Left mouse button (primary fire): insta-rocket (one at a time)
                            *Right mouse button (charge/horizontal spray 3 max, and WILL fire automatically upon full stock)
                            *(charge) click and hold left mouse button, will shoot (charged #of rocket, and yeh you can shoot one as well), in a cluster (very compacted closed together group), flying out in a spiral spin! (beautiful death)
                            *(charge) click twice, will turn (#charged cluster) in to grenade(s), and yeh, i think you can do one grenade as well....(but WHY?!, ammo is everywhere, you should go for the MOST CHAOTIC WAY TO KILL TO REACH TO YOUR FRAG HIGH!) Grenade logging BANZAI!!!

(wow, 4 functions) that's a colorful weapon! you DO know how to shock combo... right?

Shock Rifle:
                            Primary: beam
                            Secondary: ball
                            Combo: Beam in ball = BOOM!

yeh, that's quick...

Comment

Unreal Tournament 3 rocks...I suggest you to get it.

Comment

Get it, you wont regret it
                                Freestyle ha!

The gameplay is great, the graphics are cool, and weapons and maps have realy great design.
                                Not to mention the huuge amount of quality custom content, which are made from us fans

Comment

Working...
                                X