Im thinking of buying this game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im thinking of buying this game...

So I am a huge Gears of War fan and of course I <3 Epic games. I have been wanting to try UT3 for my 360 for a while now but there are a few factors that I am wondering about...

What is the multiplayer like today, meaning is it still pretty active?

Is the campaign good?

Lastly, what are the achievements in the game like? Do I need a friend (or more) to get all the achievements (I have no friends with this game, maybe you want to be my friend)? Seeing as how it is an EPIC game I want 100% gamerscore...

Any other things that I should consider before buying the game?

Hi Kaylila, welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest getting UT3 for either PC or PS3, simply because there are alot of user maps & mods. It doesn't really take a beefy PC to run the game. It's quite scalable, the engine. MP is pretty active for PC, dunno about the other platforms. There's at least a couple full servers for each gametype each night, depends on where you live. Achievments are fairly difficult, don't think you need a friend for those.

Comment

You're a girl?

How you doing? ;-)

Comment

Yeah, do yourself a big favor and don't get this game for the 360. The official Titan Pack expansion is not available for the 360, which includes 11 new maps (it's 19 actually, but 8 of the new maps in the pack come already with the 360 version), two new gametypes (Greed is awesome, I wouldn't wanna miss it), the controverse Titan mutator, as well as a new vehicle, new deployables, powerups and other stuff. In addition you can't get any custom content on the 360, which means, you're missing out a lot, because there are a lot of good custom maps, mutators and mods out there.

About your question with the achievements, the only achievements, that do require the help of someone, are the two for the co-op campaign. All other achievements can be gotten alone.

Comment

yeah try it definitively, it's really an awesome game (especially online), but please as it had been mentionned above, buy it on pc, u will have a plenty of mods/maps/skin and much more downloadable things for free etc etc ...

Comment

If you have a good pc, get it on pc. IF you don't, well see if you have a ps3 in your house, buy it for that.

Other than that, DON'T buy this game for the 360, it is a complete disaster of a game on the 360.

Comment

Game's dead but it's cheap as hell so you might as well give it a try tbh.

Comment

I bought this game a year or so ago because i liked UT99 and UT2K4 too, and UT3 looks
                awesome too.
                Plus i bought it for another reason which is Renegade-X mod for UT3 engine. I am also a huge CnC fan and they built a new style Renegade on the UT3 engine which is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                  Hi Kaylila, welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest getting UT3 for either PC or PS3, simply because there are alot of user maps & mods. It doesn't really take a beefy PC to run the game. It's quite scalable, the engine. MP is pretty active for PC, dunno about the other platforms. There's at least a couple full servers for each gametype each night, depends on where you live. Achievments are fairly difficult, don't think you need a friend for those.

PC is best, but if it's GOTTA be council, GO WITH PS3!!!- BECAUSE IT'S GOT MOUSE/KEY!!!~~~ AND FREE DLC! FREE ONLINE GAME PLAY(I think... you might want to check, last time i check, ALL PS3 online game play are FREE, not all DLC, but UT3 supports most if mot all PC UT3 downloads by importing by USB drive), and just because PS3>GayBoX300+60 in general (starting with the gamepad;which you WON'T use if you play on PS3 with fast aim MOUSE/KEY instead)!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                    I bought this game a year or so ago because i liked UT99 and UT2K4 too, and UT3 looks
                    awesome too.
                    Plus i bought it for another reason which is Renegade-X mod for UT3 engine. I am also a huge CnC fan and they built a new style Renegade on the UT3 engine which is awesome
                    OH ****! REALLY? Renegade?! as in C&C Renegade?! THE COOL FPS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN DA BOMB IF IT HAD A REMADE WITH UT2K4 ENGINE? TOTALLY MISSED IT!!! will go back to UT3 (after I finish with BIO2, which isn't as good as I hope, but love the drill dash though) soon!

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
                      If you have a good pc, get it on pc. IF you don't, well see if you have a ps3 in your house, buy it for that.

Other than that, DON'T buy this game for the 360, it is a complete disaster of a game on the 360.
                      LOL! totally, who the hell with even a spec of brain would play ANY MULTI-PLAY title with THAT piece of trash!? I heard they charge you for gaming online!? that's like a restaurant charge you for water... HECK it's like a public bathroom charging you for TP! Hell with that cheap *** scamming doorstop. If you don't have PS3 yet, and you didn't get a blueray player for your HD TV(assuming you have at lease THAT) yet, PS3 is both PS3, and a blueray player, that runs on HD (it's games too) using HDMI!!!

Comment

If it's $10+, don't buy it.

Comment

dud

don't B cheap, this game is AT LEASE worth $20, but for it's lack of finishing, and characters... less than $30... but I'm sure you can find a good deal for it... keep looking, it IS about 3 years old anyways... what ever you do... DON'T buy it for XboX... it's a scandal!~

Comment

It isn't worth the $60 I paid for it on 360 when it was first released, but it's worth it's low price now. If you can find it for $10-20 I'd get it for sure. Don't expect a 100% gamerscore on it, though. Not unless you want to put some real time into it.

PC version is better, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Punichan View Post
                              OH ****! REALLY? Renegade?! as in C&C Renegade?! THE COOL FPS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN DA BOMB IF IT HAD A REMADE WITH UT2K4 ENGINE? TOTALLY MISSED IT!!! will go back to UT3 (after I finish with BIO2, which isn't as good as I hope, but love the drill dash though) soon!
                              Ya, it pretty cool. Not too many play it recently though but it worth a try

Comment

Working...
                              X