Do you think UT3 is balanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think UT3 is balanced?

If not what needs a Nerf and what needs a Buff and what just doesn't feel right.

Getting rid of the stupid tri rox would make it perfect imho, that's the only thing I can complain about for weapons.

Comment

Gameplay and weapon balance is perfect, it's the features and bug-fixes that are lacking.

Comment

pew pew. nope.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post
          Getting rid of the stupid tri rox would make it perfect imho, that's the only thing I can complain about for weapons.
          Or perhaps give them a longer loading time. I might prefer the Stinger do just slightly less damage, but I'm not terribly bothered by it. The weapons are pretty well balanced.

The Scorpion self destruct should have a graduated damage radius rather than a flat 650 damage no matter how close you are to the explosion.

The Hellbender rear seat should go back to UT2004 style charge then fire, not fire then charge. The way it is you can ninja seat switch sniper with impunity.

The Nemesis should do less damage. Maybe 35. It's very OP in the right hands. (See sMURFFRUMs on Sandstorm)

The Goliath needs one change. In 2004 the turret moved WITH the chassis. So if you turned the turret and the tank in the same direction you could move the turret twice as fast. It made it possible for a skilled tank driver to take out a Manta that was flitting around it. Now, the turret turns only on the world axes. It doesn't matter which way the chassis goes, the turret always turns the same speed. A skilled Manta driver can take out any tank driver if he can just get behind his turret, which is NOT very difficult to do.

Comment

Remove the bio secondary's magneticness.

Comment

Reduce Bio damage, stinger damage, and some vehicle damages and I'm happy.

Oh, and fix all known bugs and the game will live in peace and harmony with it's small community .

Comment

Movement, for sure. Jump height and gravity are somewhat annoying. I'd be fine with something like UT + wall dodge, getting rid of double jump. Side dodge is fine, so is the fact that you don't float like UT2004. otoh, this lack of mobility and sense of being restricted was a bit too much and one of the reasons why UT2004 is being played 6:1

Weapons are fine, even though the flak cannon and rocket launcher seems weaker than even UT2004.

Oh, +1 for Sos suggestionss. I'd bring back the UT2004 Cicada, Paladin and Energy Turret. The walker 2nd could be more useful and the Fury could appear in more maps.

Comment

Weapon Wise I'm fine with the game, just fix the bugs and bring back UT99 type UI and we are all good.

And for the love of god bring back the hoverboard jump dodge off wall back to the way it was before the TITAN pack. Oh god how I miss that.

Comment

GUI is unbalanced, bring back UT1's

Comment

On second thought, the (lack of) arc on flak secondary is still annoying, even after all this time.

Comment

I like the balance fine like it is. I'd like any effort at refinement to be directed towards increasing overall responsiveness and decreasing bugs.

Responsiveness is what I like in a video game, and a big part of what I like about this game.

When you press a button, something should happen. Like right the heck NOW. Not "in a few minutes, right after we play this stupid cutscene you've already see two hundred times for godssake," for example. No.

Comment

Heh, yeah, I especially loved that razor gun from UT99, what was the name of that one again? That was awesome back in the day...

Comment

the balance is ok, though its still far away from being good. that means:

- bio prime is totally useless while sec is completely overpowered. lower dmg to like 170 and raise bio prime to 40.
                            - 3 rox are op, increase loading time a lot.
                            - stinger prime deals to much dmg while having too high spread. decrease dmg (like 9) and spread
                            - titan (lololololo), nerfhammer it to death in every possible way
                            - scorp needs radius decreased for explosion and orb. (explosion ~1/r^2 or sth) and orb needs a slight dmg reduce.
                            - spma, broken by concept
                            - cica rockets somewhat suck -> higher accuracy/perfect accuracy
                            - raptor rockets somewhat suck -> dogfights= waste of time, vs mantas it doesnt hit
                            - walker should do dmg like link gun sec and not 3*120 dmg intervals
                            - scav needs a slight hp buff (250?) and the orb needs to be redone/fixed. atm its 100% useless.
                            - spider mines reduce dmg or decrease amount in each trap
                            - walker 2nd seat = 100% useless, needs to be redone
                            - pala shield is broken. let it absorb dmg instantly and its fine
                            - rocket turret somewhat sucks, increase dmg of rockets maybe, since they are already fast but have a small splash to avoid spam
                            - levi shock turret op as ****, reduce dmg a lot
                            - other turrets need buff then, cause even now levi is a bit weak.
                            - levi prime gun (while driving) should be more accurate, but less dmg
                            - make the levi turret shields work (against hs and other dmg)
                            - increase mass of hellbender
                            - helmet somewhat gay as **** (mainly bta problem)

Comment

Overall it's balanced just fine.

Bug fixing and other optimizations, is anyone still doing this?

Often I 'd prefer the Shield gun over the hammer when around seemingly arbitrary damage from stinger fire, but I understand the logic against this for Warfare, namely; try stopping the orb carrier reaching the node with that... so if it has to be the hammer, a reduction of H jump damage to 25hp max

It's funny, I've tried other, more popular games (in terms of raw numbers playing) and I always come back puzzled as to why those games are holding such numbers in their thrall. Personally I hate the way many other games reward just knowing good map camping spots , whether it's crouching, lying in wait, or using some other cheap tactic for even cheaper kills.

Comment

Working...
                              X