Wow this is lame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this is lame

I can't even play online anymore. First off, epic's greed server is the only one that's populated at night. My weapons dissapear sometimes, I'm forced to suicide. On top of that, my game will crash sometimes when loading a map, and then I can't join the server again til after a map change. Can anyone help???

Latest UT3 patch, windows 7 64 bit, Core i7 with 6 gigs ram, Nvidia GTX 285, latest drivers.

Have you un/installed any mods recently? Maybe something wasn't removed properly.

If it were me I would probably just do a fresh install. :P

Comment

Clear your cache. If that doesn't help remove all your config files and start the game up with the default ones. If that don't work then fresh install should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
        I can't even play online anymore. First off, epic's greed server is the only one that's populated at night. My weapons dissapear sometimes, I'm forced to suicide.
        Latest UT3 patch, windows 7 64 bit, Core i7 with 6 gigs ram, Nvidia GTX 285, latest drivers.
        I had the weapon disappearing bug for a while... Maddening.

For me, it turned out that it was related to some weirdness with my Audio driver (even though the driver itself was up to date).
        Switched out the driver and it has been fine since.

Comment

Check this thread ,the troubleshooting section n see if anything there can help youhttp://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586697 .

Disabling vsync helped me with my crashes (i have to play with tearing though). Not sure if it will help you cause i think it is an ati prob.You can always try.

About not being able to join after a crash : You cant do nothing unless you can find an admin in irc to kick you from the server. Only a patch could solve this.

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
            On top of that, my game will crash sometimes when loading a map, and then I can't join the server again til after a map change. Can anyone help???.
            I had the same issue and from the log it looked like the crash was due to someone's custom character. I disabled allow custom characters and I haven't had a crash on the loading screen since then (and I play almost everyday on Greed #1). And BTW have never had any custom characters on my system.

Also, not sure about your weapons disappearing but there is a bug with greed and/or titan that causes your reticule and weapon bar to not show up after a map load. Bringing up a submenu in the settings menu and then coming back in game will cause them to show up again.

Comment

Working...
            X