Well, so it goes on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, so it goes on.

I gave up on trying to play UT3 because it wouldn't save my settings long ago, but after ages and now on Windows 7 with a i7 and ATi 5xxx GPU I thought I'd at least see how it runs. So I installed UT3 and the patch Patch5 v2.1 (or whatever patch it is, nice going keeping the version number simple) and then installed the UT3 Bonus Pack and UT3 Titan Pack Expansion.

Starting the game, not expecting to get into it because of past experiences, even I was surprised when it wouldn't even work. Sure it launches but starting a quick match or campaign causes it to crash.

Well done, this thing just gets better as time goes on and to add insult to injury I launched UT99, which has been lying in the games folder for years, and it worked without a problem. Really impressive, at this rate next year UT3 will blow up my computer just trying to install it. What a waste.

Cool story bro, but you're missing out, don't give up, it's a really great game.

Comment

Just because you have new hardware does not mean that it is set up properly. UT3 is going to stress your components alot more than UT99 will so it sounds like a hardware/driver issue to me.

Comment

Update your ATI drivers. Check the UT3 log files in your Documents/My Games etc. folder.

Comment

Try to disable vsync.

Ut3 hates ati vga's . I know :

Comment

computers existing of 1 and 0. the 0 is mostly infront of the desktop.
            ok, ur soundcard? is it a creative with xram?

Comment

if you are installing into a different folder than program files/UT3 than you have to add -nohomedir to your ut3 shortcut. Create a shortcut on your desktop (or wherever) right click>properties and your Target directory should look something like this

"D:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nohomedir

than you'll be able to save password, settings, everything.

Stupid? YES very. And I mean WTF Epic, is that so hard to make this simple glitch work after so many patches?

And Yes, this game has A LOT of issues, don't even get me started. It almost seems like if you want to play UT3 you have to become a programmer first and fix it all.

Comment

Working...
              X