_-_The Ultimate Duelling Guide_-_

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chatran88 View Post
    i mean, the "virtual line" between the Weap and Crossair HELPS to our Aim.
    And I said that I disagree, it hurts your aim more than it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
      And I said that I disagree, it hurts your aim more than it helps.

yes, that what i mean. so hidding ur weap is better =)

Comment

Doesn't hurt anything. I play with weapon show on. I use big weapons too. I hate weapon show off, I can't play like that. Weapon show off hurts my aim.

Comment

I didn't read all other posts before so I might repeat some stuff :>

Sooo I'll try to give you some tips. First of all I'd say I am an average Duel player. Nothing compared to guys like Dark_Dude, hypno, gitzzz , kilLu etc. ...

Of course you need a good aim to win but experience and map knowledge is the most important skill you need. E.g. On Deck. Imagine you are at the armor and you shoot some1 with the sniper and you can hear (by his moaning) he's low, so you can expect that he'll go for some health. Either he picks up the armor or the 25 health packs so its easy to combo/kill him.

Also the movement and the sound is pretty important. As you may know you can hear dodging ppl easily. So I don't dodge most of the time, at least when I am not in a combat. This way its easier for you to hear your opponent and its harder for him to hear you.

So this were my 2 cents

btw. like many said before... play against better players only, or at least try to play vs better players only.

greets
          Blo.... ssssht

ooh before I forget it... Spawnsystem is simple as well. I think you already know that UT tries to spawn you as far away as possible. Example: Deck again, Imagine you kill someone at the armor again. You can be pretty sure that he spawns at the Flak Cannon/Bio Rifle or the other Flak Cannon close to the Rocket Launcher.

Everything else was posted already ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
            I keep my weapons visible so that I know what weapon I presently have equipped, how much time is left on the reload, how many rockets I've loaded... Small weapons don't take up an enormous chunk of screen, and not a whole lot of action takes place in the bottom corner... Maybe I'm just a lamer newb.
            Reload? Where do you reload in UT3
            Presently equipped? Watch the crosshair or weapon bar.
            How many Rockets loaded? Watch Crosshair or Sound.

Comment

Gr1f should take the tips here and update the 1st post imo.

No weapon show is better(cause of a bit better visibility) but i use small weapons . i never had any major probs with small weapons tbh. centered i think is better if u have em visible.

Comment

*i'll do that when i'm back tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Hollyw00t View Post
                  Reload? Where do you reload in UT3
                  Presently equipped? Watch the crosshair or weapon bar.
                  How many Rockets loaded? Watch Crosshair or Sound.
                  By reload, I mean the animation that a weapon plays between shots.

Presently equipped... I use simple crosshairs. Same for number of rockets. I think switching to simple crosshairs is more important than showweapon off -- I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up, actually. That shock rifle crosshair is just awful. In fact, most of the crosshairs block way too much of your target, imo.

It is a lot easier to have your weapon on screen than to have to rely on the tiny weapon bar -- you don't have to look at your weapon, you see it in your peripheral vision, and there is never any mistake as to what weapon you have equipped. I'm constantly swapping between shock rifle and "best weapon" (generally flak or rox), and if I think I have the shock out while I have my rox out...

Obviously you guys who play with hidden weapons are accustomed to using the weapon bar, but it just feels a lot easier to tell what weapon you have equipped when it's actually on-screen. I've never felt the trade-off for more visibility was worth it -- again, small weapons take up a tiny portion of your bottom corner. How often do you have to see what's in your bottom corner? When you're falling from a height?

I believe the greatest advantage of hidden weapons is that you save ~5 FPS. Good for low-end systems, but we're 2010 and most systems can get max FPS in UT3 without hiding weapons.

Peace
                  -Rhykker

Comment

It is a lot easier to have your weapon on screen than to have to rely on the tiny weapon bar -- you don't have to look at your weapon, you see it..Obviously you guys who play with hidden weapons are accustomed to using the weapon bar, but it just feels a lot easier to tell what weapon you have equipped when it's actually on-screen.
                    Isn't the weapon bar in my case, it's the Color off my Crossairs :P also, all you need is practice. that's all, there is no tricks...

I believe the greatest advantage of hidden weapons is that you save ~5 FPS. just lulz
                    Good for low-end systems, but we're 2010 and most systems can get max FPS in UT3 without hiding weapons.

Peace
                    -Rhykker
                    asdasdasdasd

Comment

@chatran88:

Different-colored crosshairs for different weapons? That sounds neat. Although, I can't imagine it being very practical, since most people opt for colors that have greatest visibility over various backdrops, and to find ~10 such colors...

And I'm not sure what you're "lulzing" about -- the 5 FPS, or that I think that's the greatest advantage? If you're talking about the FPS... you should see the lengths some people go to to squeeze every little extra FPS they could. On mid to low-end systems, 5 FPS is nothing to laugh at. I used to run the game at ~20-30 FPS, so 5 FPS was a huge deal for me.

Peace
                      -Rhykker

Comment

Chatran doesn't understand it's just a matter of preference, and there's just no genuine advantage (aiming wise) to using one or the other.

Comment

Obviously you guys who play with hidden weapons are accustomed to using the weapon bar,
                          99.9% of people who have weapons hidden aren't using the weapons bar, lol. We have our weapons all bound to specific keys that we can quickly access without taking our eyes off of our target. Doing that will give someone a bigger advantage vs someone looking around to see what weapon the have out.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post
                            99.9% of people who have weapons hidden aren't using the weapons bar, lol. We have our weapons all bound to specific keys that we can quickly access without taking our eyes off of our target. Doing that will give someone a bigger advantage vs someone looking around to see what weapon the have out.
                            So you're able to remember what weapon you have out? I switch so often that I wouldn't be able to keep track... That's why I like to have my weapon visible. I don't actually look at the weapon, but it's there, in the periphery of my vision, so I don't have to take my eyes off my target to know what I'm presently holding.

Peace
                            -Rhykker

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post
                              Hidden or not weapons are/should be bind to specific keys.Pressing the key to one weapon after a while of playing its an automatic procedure.

I support that weapons hidden are better but i still use small weapons.When im drunk (often ) i like to double check what i have in hand .

Weapons or not , the crosshair is the main attraction plus the player u want centered on it(hitscan). "Shoot to miss" (prediction needed ) with other weapons.

Comment

So you're able to remember what weapon you have out? I switch so often that I wouldn't be able to keep track... That's why I like to have my weapon visible. I don't actually look at the weapon, but it's there, in the periphery of my vision, so I don't have to take my eyes off my target to know what I'm presently holding.

Peace
                                -Rhykker
                                Yep... I never have trouble recalling what weapon I'm using and I tend to switch weapons extremely often. It may not be second nature when you first start using weapons hidden, but pretty quickly you will begin to remember what you're holding at all times. I only use the weapon bar to check which weapons I don't have.

Comment

Working...
                                X