• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
    lol titan at warfare that is funny
    spamkill all over the plaze and lets not forget the respawnkilling
    epic made a big mistake by making the titan
    they did not make an mistake creating the titan but they didnt think about the consequenses using the titan for spawnkilling.
    IMO they should have made the titan not entering a base when there is no action going on at that time. If the core Power is attacked directley then the titan could enter the base. In that case they should lower the damage of the stomp because the other has no chance to regain control.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
      Veterans want the game as it was - without Titan.
      Cheers!
      ye it was the "old good time"

Comment

Originally posted by Pemphigus View Post
        ye it was the "old good time"
        agree with that

Comment

The only ones left from the EU warfare community that i consider good players are mostly the ones in irc n they wont play titan anymore. Some are good in pubs but they arent many. 5-6 or so? The rest just want to push they way in a big vehicle ,depending on the map , to lame it n become titans.

No spawn killing n no titans give warfare a flow n its based on skills(you can never avoid lamers but you can keep em at low numbers ) . Now its more camping than vctf (vctf is great imo but there u have to defend the flag , in warfare the nodes to defend change as the game flow - its not that simple but .. i hope you get the point)).

Now you cant predict as much cause anyone can become titan at any time.You can manage to kill a tank defending the downtown prime node go in to attack n you find 2-3 titans too. You have the perfect combo locked to kill the enemy carrier n get the node n some random titan dies n u fall . And the stupidity is that the titan is prolly behind a wall n not visible to you .TOTAL LUCK. I can understand luck but not as much as this.

Its boring n i hate to see good players leave the game cause of that.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
            Now that raptor is down, there's no place left to play this game that isn't infested by titans. Beginners want to be titans, so they grab any vehicle and spawnkill the **** outta the other team, and because of lazy admins spawnkilling is okay nowadays. This is ruining the game. I will be back on the public servers when there are public servers which doesn't suck again.
            The last time I loaded up UT3, the only populated CTF and Greed servers I could find were for the Titan mod. I really don't understand why the admin of the Epic servers thinks the Titan mod is so worthwhile and wonderful. I think it's an abomination. What's sad is that people who are picking up UT3 as their first ever UT game might conclude that UT is garbage as a result of the Titan mod.

Comment

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
              The only ones left from the EU warfare community that i consider good players are mostly the ones in irc n they wont play titan anymore. Some are good in pubs but they arent many. 5-6 or so? The rest just want to push they way in a big vehicle ,depending on the map , to lame it n become titans.
              Very true. Even the good pub players don't know **** about the game to be honest. I ventured out into a pub game and said how I love the sniper rifle, a "good" pub player replied to me and said that it was a lame weapon. wth? Lame if you stand still and camp with it like an idiot maybe... I use it up close and personal though so whatever tbfh. I'd rather be killed by shock-combo/sniper than 4 guys spamming stinger on market (which is what happened constantly before I raged quit).
              And no, I don't die from rockets more than stinger in pub warfare. I've been counting my deaths and how I die. Stinger is the most frequent on maps where it's easily available.

I remember when I first got ut3 most warfare games would go into over time and it was hard to predict which team would win within the first few minutes I miss that.

Anyway. I need to not play pubs... Playing them just makes my movement and aim become lazy.

Comment

This reminds me a bit of Titans
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCaUr...player_embedde
                (But with the difference it's not a spawn zone.^^)

Cheers!

Comment

Oh come on. Can't you all agree and choose a non-Titan server to play on?

Comment

I think we can definitely say: Raptor server is dead.

Hello all UT3 players,
                    The truth is that we lost our dedicated server PC in stead of that we switched over to BFBC2 ranked servers.
                    I've bin looking for a couple of month now to find a clan or community who wants to take over our UT3 servers.
                    It doesn't matter on what IP they run UT3 servers are running on an account....my account.

Till now I fount nobody who's interested to take over our servers.
                    Why? We've got no idea.
                    I hope you understand that I spent a lot of time not only on hosting the Raptor Squad UT3 servers but also scripting and moddering them.
                    THEY WERE MY BABY'S So it was NOT easy for me to shut them down.
                    It is not cheap to rent a first class dedi box only for 3 UT3 servers and a team speak.
                    But because of the money issues that we had and NO donations out of a server whit 2700 hits a day using 700 G a month we MUST shut it down.
                    It was to expensive for a small game community like us

We've try many things to keep the servers up NOTING works.

We are still try to find some clan or community who wants to take over our UT3 servers.

I'm sorry.
                    Regards Ron aka Y0urPayn3
                    http://www.raptor-games.com/modules....ic&p=3846#3846

Cheers!

Comment

I've bin looking for a couple of month now to find a clan or community who wants to take over our UT3 servers.
                      He was searching ,where?

Comment

I would say that there are still a lot of WAR players in the pubs that are good. Not 5 - 6.

No spawn killing n no titans give warfare a flow n its based on skills(you can never avoid lamers but you can keep em at low numbers ) . Now its more camping than vctf (vctf is great imo but there u have to defend the flag , in warfare the nodes to defend change as the game flow - its not that simple but .. i hope you get the point)).
                        While I agree that a Titan-less game is more skillful, Titan games can be just as fun and intense as normal WAR matches when the teams are even.

Comment

He was searching ,where?
                          ^This.

He couldn't of looked hard. I think a great many of us would of volunteered to help with administration of Raptor... All he had to do was search around for IRC warfare channels and clans and ask, but he obviously didn't.

Oh well it's too late now, even if the server was bought back it'd be hard to repopulate it after such a long down time.

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
                          I would say that there are still a lot of WAR players in the pubs that are good. Not 5 - 6.

While I agree that a Titan-less game is more skillful, Titan games can be just as fun and intense as normal WAR matches when the teams are even.
                          I disagree on both counts.
                          I had a "good" warfare pub player call the sniper-rifle a n00b weapon after I announced I liked it. He clearly doesn't know how to use it properly, he most likely thinks the sniper can only be used when camping. I have never seen more than 6 decent players in a war-pub in recent months. They're mediocre to poor. On the rare occasions I go there I get killed by either random rockets, stinger spam or vehicles. It's rare I get combo'ed or air roxed, etc (when I do die from those it makes me happy though).

And no, imo titan games aren't fun. They're only fun if they're over before any one can turn into a titan. In a normal game you can get your prime back. In a Titan game you are ****ed once they have your prime as they will soon have 3+ titans there, perhaps some at your core too.

I'd rather deal with lag and go to Russian/US servers with 200ping.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                            And no, imo titan games aren't fun. They're only fun if they're over before any one can turn into a titan. In a normal game you can get your prime back. In a Titan game you are ****ed once they have your prime as they will soon have 3+ titans there, perhaps some at your core too.

I'd rather deal with lag and go to Russian/US servers with 200ping.
                            Problem is that the WAR maps came before Titan and they just don't function with it, let me guess which ones you're referring to; Floodgate and Downtown?

It's true, with their housed nodes these are a ****** to get back into if the enemy team has a critical mass of Titans defending your prime, i.e enough that even a redeemer leaves some alive. If Epic won't remove Titan they could at least remove it from certain tighter, stock maps, where it plainly doesn't work and makes the games suck. Confrontation is the closest it comes to working -but even on that map Titans shouldn't be able to spam the core from up on the platform imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko
                              Problem is that the WAR maps came before Titan and they just don't function with it, let me guess which ones you're refering to; Floodgate and Downtown?
                              war is not about linking nodes to kill the core, but delivering the Orb on Downtown. The problem with Titans isn't the prime because nobody really cares about nodes, what sucks is that I don't feel like an hero so often

Comment

war titan have become the big camping where half of player just care about their frag...
                                and as long spwn kill will be tolered it ll be unplayable and lame cause lamer ll spawn camp for make 1-2-3 maybe 4 kills and get on ur nerv because a double jumper spam u with roket/stinger/flack grenade
                                seriously my record is 2min 34 s without rage quit

Comment

Working...
                                X