Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 GameSpy DUELS Ladder

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UT3 GameSpy DUELS Ladder

    Hey everyone,

    I'm a Tournament Director & Ladder Administrator for GameSpy. This message is for those of you who did not receive the global message that I sent out a few days back.

    Recently I was handed administrator privlages to the official Auto-Reporting Arena Duel Ladders. You can view the ladder and your statistics by clicking the following link. http://arena.gamespy.com/ladder/52292/

    I want you guys to understand that this is an Official Ladder supported by Epic and is not an independent league or ranking system by a private person and/or organization. I will be working closely with the community and urging the players to contact me with any questions or ideas they might have for this place.

    Players can contact me @ anarchy@gamespyvolunteers.com

    #2
    Official matches on YouTube. Just send me your demos.

    Comment


      #3
      Thought:

      Dont send out 2337429674 auto emails --- i.e. one to every single person that has a UT3 gamespy account out of the blue telling them they are on a ladder they never knowingly signed up for. Kind of frowned upon when people that have owed the game for years suddenly get an email saying they are on a ladder they knew nothing about.

      I have already talked with EPIC and found out that the UT3 gamespy accounts were used to auto populate this ladder and that is has existed for some time, but I feel that the point of a ladder is to allow players to compete and climb the ladder - with their knowledge, their input, and their choice of whom to play in order to move up.

      If your ladder auto loads results from TDM matches, and many of those matches were made up of random people that did not know these results were being recorded in a ladder system, I am sure they would have played much differently - i.e. not shown people how to do things, changed tactics, played against specific people, etc.

      I believe you have good intentions but the point was missed along the way to get the players buy-in before auto populating a ladder.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by [Guard]AnarchY View Post
        Hey everyone,

        I'm a Tournament Director & Ladder Administrator for GameSpy. This message is for those of you who did not receive the global message that I sent out a few days back.

        Recently I was handed administrator privlages to the official Auto-Reporting Arena Duel Ladders. You can view the ladder and your statistics by clicking the following link. http://arena.gamespy.com/ladder/52292/

        I want you guys to understand that this is an Official Ladder supported by Epic and is not an independent league or ranking system by a private person and/or organization. I will be working closely with the community and urging the players to contact me with any questions or ideas they might have for this place.

        Players can contact me @ anarchy@gamespyvolunteers.com
        So we have to play Duels on any server listed in the game browser in order to climb up the ladder? Is that right?

        Comment


          #5
          Yes

          Sorry for the delayed reply,
          Yes if you play on an official UT3 Duels server your stats will be recorded on the official arena ladder. We're still working on getting some tournaments up for you guys just been real busy lately.

          Comment


            #6
            Hosting cups with prizes, that's what UT3 needs. Ladders are pointless and prestige-less, maybe it worked in the past, but not anymore.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by hypno View Post
              Hosting cups with prizes, that's what UT3 needs. Ladders are pointless and prestige-less, maybe it worked in the past, but not anymore.

              Why don't you host some tournaments? You won money, share the wealth.

              lmz says you're a stuck up guy too.

              What ya gonna do?

              Comment


                #8
                My goal is to get some strong tournaments going.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by I_LIVE View Post
                  Why don't you host some tournaments? You won money, share the wealth.

                  lmz says you're a stuck up guy too.

                  What ya gonna do?
                  If you knew me enough you would already know that's not true, dno what ur based on to say that .

                  I was just trying to say from my experience that ladders don't really help hardcore 1v1 fps community anymore, you can see in quakelive there are almost no ladders and the ones you have aren't even mentioned. You have almost every week a cup with 100€ or so in quakelive but thats from a sponsor (gdata or zotac), the same is happening with SC2 for example, and those cups have awesome coverage (always streamed with a lot of viewers) that's UT3 needs (or needed), coverage and scene, so new players can appear and have goals/motivation to keep playing the game in order to do this they could watch demos or streams to try to evolve their game, etc. Also following tournaments, like ESWC and ESL and so on.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by I_LIVE View Post
                    Why don't you host some tournaments? You won money, share the wealth.

                    lmz says you're a stuck up guy too.

                    What ya gonna do?
                    Man if u don't know sthg u should just don't tell about it . See what he did for the 2 guys behind him, u think all would have done that? i really think not, so don't speak about u don't really know .


                    Originally posted by hypno View Post
                    If you knew me enough you would already know that's not true, dno what ur based on to say that .

                    I was just trying to say from my experience that ladders don't really help hardcore 1v1 fps community anymore, you can see in quakelive there are almost no ladders and the ones you have aren't even mentioned. You have almost every week a cup with 100€ or so in quakelive but thats from a sponsor (gdata or zotac), the same is happening with SC2 for example, and those cups have awesome coverage (always streamed with a lot of viewers) that's UT3 needs (or needed), coverage and scene, so new players can appear and have goals/motivation to keep playing the game in order to do this they could watch demos or streams to try to evolve their game, etc. Also following tournaments, like ESWC and ESL and so on.
                    Completely agree with that, plz epic do sthg even if it's not some 6155496161€ per month, but you made (not at the release tho ) an game which deserve way more than he get/got, organize some lil' tournament with some prize even if it's not 65465€ again, but well 200€ a month or sthg won't send you to the bankrupt heh . Plz it's now (well that was before too but nvm xD ) u have to do sthg, the game is still have potential, don't let him die day after day plz.
                    thx

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by I_LIVE View Post
                      Why don't you host some tournaments? You won money, share the wealth.

                      lmz says you're a stuck up guy too.

                      What ya gonna do?
                      Man if u don't know sthg u should just don't tell about it . See what he did for the 2 guys behind him, u think all would have done that? i really think not, so don't speak about u don't really know .


                      Originally posted by hypno View Post
                      If you knew me enough you would already know that's not true, dno what ur based on to say that .

                      I was just trying to say from my experience that ladders don't really help hardcore 1v1 fps community anymore, you can see in quakelive there are almost no ladders and the ones you have aren't even mentioned. You have almost every week a cup with 100€ or so in quakelive but thats from a sponsor (gdata or zotac), the same is happening with SC2 for example, and those cups have awesome coverage (always streamed with a lot of viewers) that's UT3 needs (or needed), coverage and scene, so new players can appear and have goals/motivation to keep playing the game in order to do this they could watch demos or streams to try to evolve their game, etc. Also following tournaments, like ESWC and ESL and so on.
                      Completely agree with that, plz epic do sthg even if it's not some 6155496161€ per month, but you made (not 100% at the release tho ) an awesome game which deserve way more than he get/got, organize some lil' tournament with some prize (EU+NA) even if it's not 65465€ again, but well 150-200€ a month or sthg won't send you to the bankrupt heh . Plz it's now (well that was before too but nvm xD ) u have to do sthg, the game is still have potential, don't let him die day after day plz.
                      thx

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X