Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red team wins more!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Red team wins more!

    No, it's not just because red is more visible, but because, if teams have equal number of players, a new player always joins red first. This can make a big difference, especially in games like CTF and BTA.

    #2
    I thought it was because I am always on red?

    Comment


      #3
      and yet I thought being more visible is a disadvantage ;-)
      but I agree, red wins more. especially when there is only a few players on the server and numbers are uneven (red has more players)

      Comment


        #4
        I like to play on Blue, because your genetically hardwired to see the color red as a threat, and your automatic responses/reactions help you out when shooting.

        Well my kill ratio is always higher when I'm on Blue, so there has to be something going on.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
          No, it's not just because red is more visible, but because, if teams have equal number of players, a new player always joins red first. This can make a big difference, especially in games like CTF and BTA.
          it s maybe true in public server but not in pug

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Pemphigus View Post
            it s maybe true in public server but not in pug

            ^ Allez les bleus!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Transmitthis View Post
              I like to play on Blue, because your genetically hardwired to see the color red as a threat, and your automatic responses/reactions help you out when shooting.

              Well my kill ratio is always higher when I'm on Blue, so there has to be something going on.
              Maybe it's because you have more people to shoot at?

              Comment


                #8
                Thought it would be about that article: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6234741.html

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by cowlike View Post
                  Thought it would be about that article: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6234741.html
                  Originally posted by That Article
                  Based on a 50/50 split, the red team won 55 percent of the time, reports AP, citing the Cyberpsychology & Behaviour journal.
                  Lawl. With such a poorly-constrained study, a 5% margin of victory is hardly significant and is probably well within their margin of error.

                  Peace
                  -Rhykker

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                    ^ Allez les bleus!
                    rofl +1

                    Comment


                      #11
                      red wins because i am usually on blue. i will join. i will be on red. i might even cap. invariably the teams become uneven. if this happens i often times switch teams. i then also become demo man. and also lose the match. if i do not switch (happens) blue will make a come back. and then red will not win. so the op may not be 100% accurate.
                      i personally believe that my presence on a team adds a 75% chance of failure or loss to that team. there have been a few isolated incidents where this has been proven otherwise, but, vctf guys, reflect now for a moment, and tell me you might remember a game, once, where your team may have actually won with friedmayonaisse/rek70 on board.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Reminds me of islander tbh.Unbalanced teams though.


                        Apart from unbalanced maps ,utcomp seems to fail in warfare at least.Utcomp fixed for WAR would be a nice feature.I usually have pl so hitsounds can help me predict and use the weapon i think that will do the job.With utcomp there will be no reds or blue.Just unbalanced maps or unbalanced teams.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Islander is badly unbalanced for inexperienced WAR players. There are ways for Blue to work Red down slowly, but the no vehicles for Blue make it so it must be a team effort to win. Most new players just run off from the base looking to kill anything that moves, need more strategy on maps like that where the odds are stacked against you.

                          I miss UTComp from the UT2K4 days, wish they would update it and add in some features to help the warfare gametype a little more friendly. (If they added something in to "manage" titans as well, that would be a big bonus)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by HaTaX View Post
                            Islander is badly unbalanced for inexperienced WAR players. There are ways for Blue to work Red down slowly, but the no vehicles for Blue make it so it must be a team effort to win. Most new players just run off from the base looking to kill anything that moves, need more strategy on maps like that where the odds are stacked against you.
                            Islander is the perfect map for learn to stole vehicules
                            There s easy way for stole a tank on this map or a paladin if there s a "inexperienced" player in
                            seriously this map is well done for learn pp to not destroy empty vehicules

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by HaTaX
                              Islander is badly unbalanced for inexperienced WAR players. There are ways for Blue to work Red down slowly, but the no vehicles for Blue make it so it must be a team effort to win. Most new players just run off from the base looking to kill anything that moves, need more strategy on maps like that where the odds are stacked against you.
                              Islander is fine
                              [SHOT]http://turtlegt.planetaclix.pt/ut3/islandernp2.png[/SHOT]

                              So is TankCrossing when discussing stalemate or MarketDistrict about stinger spam. So were UT2004-Torlan/Artic/RedPlanet with their single primes

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X