I7 920 3.5 ghz. Batch 384
    Rampage II extreme
    6 GB OCZ flex 2
    SSD 64 gb falcon.
    4850x2
    Psu 1.2 Kw.
    Samsung t240N

I am play UT3 1152x960.

O yeah,is intuitive and Beautiful,but ut3,I have packet lost,delay In shots and fall Frames (fps) Sudden.

To return xp 64 or 32 bit, 0 problem.
    Network issues, remember that the network stack within xp is less bloated and more streamlined than either vista or Win 7, both of which were designed more for throughput rather than latency ,Windows XP was originally tuned for dial-up connections (small packets)- twitch shooters like UT3 benefit from. The new features within the new network stack (Vista and Win 7) usually aren't supported, least not with older games and considering UT3's lack of other updated features? So...

Found this some time ago(for Vista):

..it might be worthwhile disabling auto-tuning. Do this by opening up an administrative Command Window (right-click, Run as administrator), and type in the following:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

You may also need to type in:

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

The changes take effect straight away, with no reboot needed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Game runs pretty **** well on Windows7 this side (64Bit).

Nvidia 8800GT

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    I run UT3 on Win7 64bit with a 5750 and get great FPS. What's the processor, and how much RAM?
    Dunno i will ask him; what is yours and which drivers do you have installed? Like that, i can check with his rig later .

Well talking about proc and ram, i don't think it's about that, i think it's more about drivers problems/ bad interaction between the combo ut3/win7/ati drivers, imho .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My psychic powers tell me that Darlington87 is from Argentina, so I'll forgive the broken English... but it's still pretty hard to figure out what point he's trying to make.
    Sorry,for my English

In any event, as with any piece of software or hardware, your mileage may vary.
    My rig:

I7 920 3.5 ghz. Batch 384
    Rampage II extreme
    6 GB OCZ flex 2
    SSD 64 gb falcon.
    4850x2
    Psu 1.2 Kw.
    Samsung t240N

I am play UT3 1152x960.

Every individual is a separate case -- but I'm sure Win7 works fine for most people with UT3. Win7 is the most intuitive operating system I've ever used.
    O yeah,is intuitive and Beautiful,but ut3,I have packet lost,delay In shots and fall Frames (fps) Sudden.

To return xp 64 or 32 bit, 0 problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LLonewolf View Post
    well take care, my mate (and some others as what i heard) has some probs running ut3 with win7&ati graphic card (not all; for certain, it's perfectly fine but for which ****in reasons that fail... )....

After... i don't know if it's about win7 32 bits or win 7 64 bits or a matter of drivers etc...

But for example a mate have win7 64bits + ati 5770 and he get bs fps even after having checked tons of things (clean uninstall of previous drivers, lots or attempt with differents ati drivers, some ini "tweaks" etc etc).

Talking about that some kinds of help would be hugely appreciated .
    I run UT3 on Win7 64bit with a 5750 and get great FPS. What's the processor, and how much RAM?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well take care, my mate (and some others as what i heard) has some probs running ut3 with win7&ati graphic card (not all; for certain, it's perfectly fine but for which ****in reasons that fail... )....

After... i don't know if it's about win7 32 bits or win 7 64 bits or a matter of drivers etc...

But for example a mate have win7 64bits + ati 5770 and he get bs fps even after having checked tons of things (clean uninstall of previous drivers, lots or attempt with differents ati drivers, some ini "tweaks" etc etc).

Talking about that some kinds of help would be hugely appreciated .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Works fine. Actually works better than XP as alt tab no longer causes crashing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think that the 32bit os is better for UT3 cause it's 32bit app and the 64bit os must emulate thr 32bit software and this may cause I slight performance drop, I don't know how much though.
    For me XP still is the best os for UT3 performance, next is 7 and Vista at last. I have steady 90 frames ingame with XP, and the frames drop in 7 and Vista on some more open areas of the maps, but this may be caused by my hw wich is: intel e8200 (core 2 duo), nvidia en8800gt and 4gb ram.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using Win 7 64-bit here for a few months. No problems whatsoever running UT3, and on the rare occasion you do have an in-game freeze or crash, you can ALT-TAB out to desktop and kill the process, unlike Vista where you needed to do a system reboot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My psychic powers tell me that Darlington87 is from Argentina, so I'll forgive the broken English... but it's still pretty hard to figure out what point he's trying to make.

In any event, as with any piece of software or hardware, your mileage may vary. Every individual is a separate case -- but I'm sure Win7 works fine for most people with UT3. Win7 is the most intuitive operating system I've ever used.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
    Stop spreading BS, been running UT3 smoothly on Windows 7 since a year.
    Never BS,is XP.

That problem is ram,set in bios,the timmings ram.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Stop spreading BS, been running UT3 smoothly on Windows 7 since a year.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Compatible it is, sure.

I had trouble,LAG, LOST, PING.

I do not recommend.

Now I have win XP 64 bit SP2.

salu2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 works with Win7, be it the 32bit or 64bit version. You just want to make sure your system is strong enough to run Win7 comfortably; but anything is better than Vista, as bclagge pointed out. XP is best for mid-to-low end PCs. Vista siphons way too much power that could otherwise be used to make a game run smoothly.

Peace
    -Rhykker

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My friend wanted to upgrade from Vista. So I grabbed a poopie bag and waited for my dog to go number 2. I scooped it up and shoved in between the keys of his keyboard. Smushed it around reeeeeal good. He agreed, it was still an upgrade from Vista.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X