Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
    To get console speed on PC UT3, you use "SloMo 0.909". (1/1.1=0.90909...)
    Aha, so this is why:

- The belt spawns at ~54 seconds (60*(1/1.1) = 54.5454...)
    - The boots/armor/etc spawn at ~27 (30*(1/1.1) = 27.2727...)
    - The amp/berserk spawn at ~82 (90*(1/1.1) = 81.8181...)
    - The deemer (presumably, I've never timed the deemer) spawns at ~109 (120*(1/1.1) = 109.0909...)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ever since UT the default game speed was 110%. The only exceptions are UT's "Classic" mode (as opposed to Hardcore or Turbo) and console versions, which all use 100%.

To get console speed on PC UT3, you use "SloMo 0.909". (1/1.1=0.90909...)
    Note that match time is always in realtime, while respawn times, powerup durations, node countdowns, etc. are in gametime. If they weren't, the game would play much differently at higher speeds. Just imagine you play at turbo speed (130-140%) and countdown nodes still counted in realtime - they would be harder to defend as 30-40% more gametime would pass before the countdown finished.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
    Anyways that was the way the game was originally designed by the looks of it.

Console version = Original Speed
    Pc version = Increased Speed.
    I think it's a coincidence to be honest... if your assumptions were true, UT2004's timings would not be the same as UT3 for PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    Hmm I'm pretty sure this isn't the case... I've had the orb fizzle out just before I grabbed it. It was definitely "on screen" the whole time.

Peace
    -Rhykker
    I don't know the precise circumstances, but I never said that the orb would stay out indefinitely. You must evaluate each case very carefully.

I decided to test this offline, and it seems the orb only cares about players approaching it from about 50 feet or less before it immediately disappears when its countdown reaches 1. If you stop making reasonable forward progress towards the orb after it reaches 1, it will disappear. I feigned right beside the orb (to drop it), never looked back at it, and it disappeared at 1 immediately even though I was right beside it. The orb should stay out for a while after its countdown reaches 1 if you just continually narrow the radial distance between yourself and the orb, but I still believe that you must maintain a constant line of sight on the orb's countdown "bubble." The presence of multiple team mates no doubt complicates things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
    Please explain time dilation in this context; it seems as though you could argue it either way. As a PC player, I would of course say that the PC speed is correct and console versions are slowed down to compensate for less precise input devices.
    The console version is at the original speed since there's no time dilation or whatever it's called. 1 Minute on the power surge node = 1 Minute on the realtime clock.
    It also takes exactly 30 seconds for a vest to spawn in realtime like it says in the code.
    Anyways that was the way the game was originally designed by the looks of it.

Console version = Original Speed
    Pc version = Increased Speed.

PS. 10% makes a huge difference for shock combos omw.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think you need to know how many times you need to multiply 90% to get 100%.

So check this out:
    100% = X * 90%
    100% / 90% = X

X= 111.11111111111111111111111111111%

use "slomo 1.11"

EDIT: Doh that would be console -> PC lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post
    100% on the PC is actually 110% with time dilation. The correct speed is the console versions speed which would be slomo .9 on the PC if you wanted to replicate it.
    Please explain time dilation in this context; it seems as though you could argue it either way. As a PC player, I would of course say that the PC speed is correct and console versions are slowed down to compensate for less precise input devices.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ctr2yellowbird View Post
    As long as you keep looking at a dropped orb with one second left before it fizzles out, then that orb should remain in play until you look away or about 10-15+ seconds after reaching "the last second."
    Hmm I'm pretty sure this isn't the case... I've had the orb fizzle out just before I grabbed it. It was definitely "on screen" the whole time.

Peace
    -Rhykker

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
    Uhhh, I'm positive that slomo 1.0 sets it to 100%.
    100% on the PC is actually 110% with time dilation. The correct speed is the console versions speed which would be slomo .9 on the PC if you wanted to replicate it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is, in fact, a feature, or at least it's something that gets used like a feature. As long as you keep looking at a dropped orb with one second left before it fizzles out, then that orb should remain in play until you look away or about 10-15+ seconds after reaching "the last second."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, that's probably a replication issue (i.e. lag or sloppy synchronization)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh snap, is that why there is a delay with the orb countdown? I don't play much warfare, but I noticed that the last "second" lasts a couple seconds. I thought this was a "feature" to allow for last second saves.

Peace
    -Rhykker

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
    or were the warfare countdown nodes in sync in the first place? Gonna go make sure...
    Yup, so basically everything with a timer ingame is "out".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    or were the warfare countdown nodes in sync in the first place? Gonna go make sure...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    HideInLight, are you working under the assumption that the spawn time of the shield belt should be 60 seconds and not ~54 seconds? The boots, armor, etc. 30 seconds and not ~27?

If so, and I'm not sure that's the case, then, mathematically:

1/x = 60/54
    x = 0.9, as you said. In other words you would want to slow the game down to slomo 0.9 in order for the belt to take 60 seconds to spawn.

Peace,
    Rhykker
    Looks like 0.9 is the right answer or close enough anyways.
    Everything is now synced with the clock, even the warfare countdown nodes, dropped orb etc.
    Wonder if running Ut3 at 0.9 on the pc makes it the same as the speed on the XBOX360/PS3 or if they are slower than this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X