If you type in slomo 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you type in slomo 1.0

Does the game than run at 100% or 110% speed relative to the ingame clock?

slomo 1.0 is default gamespeed, that is to say 100%.

Comment

I've always used slomo 1.0 to return the game to "default" speed after I'd either increased or decreased the speed. It's possible I've been wrong, but I think I would have noticed if slomo 1.0 were slower than default speed.

When you say "relative to the ingame clock," do you mean the default game speed?

EDIT: Ninja'd

Peace
      -Rhykker

Comment

SloMo sets the game speed relative to the platform's default speed, i.e. 110% of real time on PC and real time on consoles.

Comment

On what speed must put it then to sync the game to the clock. In other words 30 seconds in the code = 30 seconds on the clock.

I would say 0.9, but I have this feeling I'm wrong and are too tired to check if it's right mathemetically.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
            SloMo sets the game speed relative to the platform's default speed, i.e. 110% of real time on PC and real time on consoles.
            Uhhh, I'm positive that slomo 1.0 sets it to 100%.

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
            On what speed must put it then to sync the game to the clock. In other words 30 seconds in the code = 30 seconds on the clock.

I would say 0.9, but I have this feeling I'm wrong and are too tired to check if it's right mathemetically.
            Slomo 2.0 is 200% game speed and slomo 0.5 is 50% game speed, meaning slomo 1.1 is 110%.

Comment

HideInLight, are you working under the assumption that the spawn time of the shield belt should be 60 seconds and not ~54 seconds? The boots, armor, etc. 30 seconds and not ~27?

If so, and I'm not sure that's the case, then, mathematically:

1/x = 60/54
              x = 0.9, as you said. In other words you would want to slow the game down to slomo 0.9 in order for the belt to take 60 seconds to spawn.

Peace,
              Rhykker

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                HideInLight, are you working under the assumption that the spawn time of the shield belt should be 60 seconds and not ~54 seconds? The boots, armor, etc. 30 seconds and not ~27?

If so, and I'm not sure that's the case, then, mathematically:

1/x = 60/54
                x = 0.9, as you said. In other words you would want to slow the game down to slomo 0.9 in order for the belt to take 60 seconds to spawn.

Peace,
                Rhykker
                Looks like 0.9 is the right answer or close enough anyways.
                Everything is now synced with the clock, even the warfare countdown nodes, dropped orb etc.
                Wonder if running Ut3 at 0.9 on the pc makes it the same as the speed on the XBOX360/PS3 or if they are slower than this.

Comment

or were the warfare countdown nodes in sync in the first place? Gonna go make sure...

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                    or were the warfare countdown nodes in sync in the first place? Gonna go make sure...
                    Yup, so basically everything with a timer ingame is "out".

Comment

Oh snap, is that why there is a delay with the orb countdown? I don't play much warfare, but I noticed that the last "second" lasts a couple seconds. I thought this was a "feature" to allow for last second saves.

Peace
                      -Rhykker

Comment

No, that's probably a replication issue (i.e. lag or sloppy synchronization)

Comment

It is, in fact, a feature, or at least it's something that gets used like a feature. As long as you keep looking at a dropped orb with one second left before it fizzles out, then that orb should remain in play until you look away or about 10-15+ seconds after reaching "the last second."

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
                            Uhhh, I'm positive that slomo 1.0 sets it to 100%.
                            100% on the PC is actually 110% with time dilation. The correct speed is the console versions speed which would be slomo .9 on the PC if you wanted to replicate it.

Comment

Originally posted by ctr2yellowbird View Post
                              As long as you keep looking at a dropped orb with one second left before it fizzles out, then that orb should remain in play until you look away or about 10-15+ seconds after reaching "the last second."
                              Hmm I'm pretty sure this isn't the case... I've had the orb fizzle out just before I grabbed it. It was definitely "on screen" the whole time.

Peace
                              -Rhykker

Comment

Working...
                              X