PS3 Controller Drivers for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Controller Drivers for PC

As I stated in recent posts, I suck at kb&m but wanted to play UT3 on the PC. I did give the kb&m the old college try, but I literally could not register a kill. I gave great thought into buying a controller but it seemed the Xbox controller would be the best. I do not have an Xbox and hate their controllers.

Long Story Short, I found a solution here:

FYI I solved this dilemma by using my ps3 controller. For anyone interested you can dl the drivers here:

http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/xbox...oller-emulator

Thre sofware allows the PC to recognize your ps3 controller as a 360 controller. It works perfectly and it was recognized by UT3 as a gamepad controller without me having to map the keys or re-callibrate (which is a chore). I have not tried the vibration drivers or bluetooth but both are also available.

Nate

I always prefer kb&m (at least for UT3) but I feel for you man. The necessity to use 3rd party software for a basic game function is utter horse ****. XInput sucks. 360 controller is a horrible piece of junk.

I'm also using an XBox 360 emulator with my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad to play action games like Devil May Cry 4 and I love it.

Comment

These look to be still in Beta, but promising... I'm glad he is doing that, the other drivers for PS3 controller never worked with any 64 bit os's, there were two, one from a japanese guy and another in english, both worked great in XP32 but not with a 64 bit os, which you almost have to have these days. Maybe more PS3 players will jump over. I came from PS3 and it was tough, I'm still not all that good at pc/kbm but I stuck with it and I do ok now (most nights). Died a lot. A LOT. I played 4 months before I knew the other mouse button pancaked with the manta, I kept using "C" and wondering why everyone else was so good at that. And everybody just thinks you know that, so it doesn't really come up. Wah! Good Luck!

Comment

What's up Nate. Haven't seen you around in ages. We (GOW) still play on the PC, would love to get some games in with you. Glad to hear you have your PS3 controller working. After I got used to the keyboard mouse setup, I wouldn't dream of returning back to a controller. I would say keep with the keyboard/mouse, but hey... use whatever is comfortable for you.

Comment

DC what up knee grow!!!!!! Long time no see. whenever you hop on the PC make sure to jump into our Ventrilo server and chill with us. Someone is pretty much in our voice server every night or day and here is the download link and info to it:

Download Ventrilo: http://ventrilo.com/download.php

GOW Vent server info: IP: 205.234.153.26 Port: 6904

Comment

Wassup folks. Feels good to be playing UT3 again. It looks great maxed out on the PC. I tried other emulators as well and was just about to buy a xbox controller then found the motion joy software. I run windows 7 64 bit and have to disable driver sigs upon reboot but other than that the emulation is A+. I know most are kb&m players but for the few like me this sofware is excellent. I'll def look up the GOW servers as I like the custom mod matches most.

It should be interesting to see the skill level of the Pc
            players. I'm pretty rusty as I've been killzoning for about a year. I'm on steam under my gamer tag need some pc friends. Also am the same tag for the ps3 for those who own.

Comment

Wait, Xbox controller is bad? Are you outta your minds, how could you possibly think the PS3 ones are better?

The only downside to the xbox ones are:

Need wired or Games for Window edition for PC Play
              Batteries

The ps3 ones have those horrible flick triggers, so bad in fact that Call of Duty games use R1 and L1 instead for shooting lol. Other than that I can agree that its a pain in the **** to get console controllers working for most games

Comment

most playstation games have used R1 and L1 for shooting...epic fail

xbox controller button are too spread out yes the ps controller is smaller but atleast the buttons are right there anyways they both have their ups and downs

Comment

Perhaps I'm in the minority. I'm so used to the PS3 controller that I prefer it over the xbox 360 controller, even for shooting games such as Modern Warfare 2 and UT3.

Comment

This does not work with xp64. Thought it would but nope. 32bit no problem, xp, vista, and win7 is such a chore to get it to work, just buy a ps looking gamepad, i've given up on this a long time ago.

Comment

Sweet, if thats working you're my god. I'm Ps3 players and i'm already own in pc because i'm using kb/m.
                      Thanks you bro !!

Comment

Originally posted by pha View Post
                        I always prefer kb&m (at least for UT3) but I feel for you man. The necessity to use 3rd party software for a basic game function is utter horse ****. XInput sucks. 360 controller is a horrible piece of junk.

I'm also using an XBox 360 emulator with my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad to play action games like Devil May Cry 4 and I love it.
                        Care to elaborate on why the 360 controller is a "horrible piece of junk"?

Oh, I get it, you haven't bothered to use one on windows, otherwise you'd know that you don't need "third party software for basic game function". All you need to do is plug in any wired 360 controller and Windows does the rest.

I'm not saying that the PS3 controller is junk, but having to use third party software to get a controller working is just stupid.

Comment

Is there a PS3 controller driver out there that doesn't require I disable driver signing enforcement? I'm really uncomfortable doing that.

Comment

Working...
                          X