Xbox 360 version is lacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 version is lacking

Hi everyone. I am an avid UT3 player on the 360 (I also have it for PC, but my computer is **** so I can't run it well). I love the 360 version, but don't really understand why we never get any updates, maps, or ability to access custom files. There's an option to view custom files in the Community section of the main menu, but it always is blank. Teasing me. I have heard that microsoft denied the ability for custom content, but it would be awesome if Epic would maybe release a map pack every couple months. There is still a decent size community, but we are all craving new maps, especially VCTF maps. And maybe some of the new gamemodes too. All we have is DM, TDM, CTF, VCTF, and Warfare. None of the other stuff. It just seems like that the 360 players got left high and dry, while everyone else gets to enjoy constant custom maps, mods, and patches. Well, thanks for reading!

With it so close to being Christmas, you'd expect at least one festive miracle, alas, I fear it won't be something cool like custom content on the xbox360, it's more likely some poor orphan will get a new family or something corny like that. Anyway Merry Christmas, ho ho ho. And stuff.

Comment

M$ being stingy gits, not Epic's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
        With it so close to being Christmas, you'd expect at least one festive miracle, alas, I fear it won't be something cool like custom content on the xbox360, it's more likely some poor orphan will get a new family or something corny like that. Anyway Merry Christmas, ho ho ho. And stuff.
        Haha well that sounds optimistic. I honestly don't expect anything to change, but I wish there was a way to voice my concerns to Epic. Emailing them will probably get nowhere. One person will take a look at it and just delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by Auctionedllam View Post
          Haha well that sounds optimistic. I honestly don't expect anything to change, but I wish there was a way to voice my concerns to Epic. Emailing them will probably get nowhere. One person will take a look at it and just delete it.
          There's not much they can do if Microsoft has issues with allowing free custom content for games on their console.

Comment

They could do the Titan pack, but the 360 version already has much of that content. Xbox support has always been on the poor side from Epic with Unreal titles. Being a veteran of ALL the Xbox titles, I can say that they get patched a maximum of once, and your lucky to get that.

Epic has always supported their PC games very well, but not so much on Xbox and 360.

If your a HUGE fan like that, when your 360 breaks, go get a PS3. My 360 broke for the 2nd time, and I'm DONE with M$ on the gaming console front. I sincerely hope it doesnt happen, but it seems Xbox has 2 inevitable failures. The Red rings, then after you get that fixed, it'll overheat again and just fry the processor basically melting thermal paste all over the machine

If I buy a new one it will be a PS3 primarily because I can make a map on UT3then cook it for PS3. A GREAT FEATURE Too bad M$ are so retarded and gustapo about their "network".

Good luck and I strongly recomend the PS3 version at this point in time. It has been patched and has all the content you desire, incuding user maps Most importantly they gave it SPLITSCREEN! YAY for me

Comment

Well, I actually already had a PS3 for 6 months, but have never bought a game for it. I use it pretty much just for Blu-ray. And plus, like everyone around where I live has only a 360, so I would never be able to play for my friends. I would gladly go out and buy UT3 for the PS3, but I'm used to playing the 360 for like 3 years now, so it would be a hard switch. Thanks anyways!

Comment

Well, I actually already had a PS3 for 6 months, but have never bought a game for it. I use it pretty much just for Blu-ray. And plus, like everyone around where I live has only a 360, so I would never be able to play for my friends. I would gladly go out and buy UT3 for the PS3, but I'm used to playing the 360 for like 3 years now, so it would be a hard switch. Thanks anyways!
                Yeah I had mine about 3 years. I don't like the PS style controller for FPS really, but I can adjust. I'd prefer a mouse. Oh wait I think UT3 PS3 supports that...IDK though. Anyhow PC would be the best bet, but you stated clearly you cannot run it.

Sorry can't help more, but I think maybe the PS3 UT community is more alive than 360 as well, but honestly I do not know. Worth looking into maybe..?

Comment

PS3 does have mouse / keyboard inputs and is nearly 100% re-configurable, so you can bind your own keys and buttons etc. When using a mouse you only get to use the scroll wheel and left/right buttons, anything else on the mouse cannot be bound, ie page up/down buttons.

Comment

you can get UT3 for as little as £6 on ebay these days... if you already use a pad on teh 360 it wont take you long at all to get to grips with the PS3 pad. You'll get the best of both worlds.

Comment

Yeah you'd be better off getting the PS3 and have a blast of a time. As for the Xbox 360, it's a piece of ****. I used my brothers 360 for UT3 for a while then moved to the PC version and I liked it better even if my video card doesn't support it. I even heard that Red Faction:Guerrilla has DLC on Xbox Live and M$ charges people like 800 Microsoft Points for the stuff, I'm like, why? M$ is money-hungry that's why.

Comment

Yeah that whole Xbox thing is a mess. Having owned both consoles, and having to buy at least TWO of each one...I think I''ll just stick with console companies (Sony) that make machines that at least work for the most part....worst manufactuering EVER. I'm over XBL and them charging me up the you know what to play a game online once a month.

Comment

You can buy a new gaming PC for under $600 USD now.

Comment

Why buy a xbox360 If you like custom content ?
                            Go sony or go pc sorry dude, ms aint gonna let community made content on xbl

Comment

Working...
                            X