people talking ingame with foreign languages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people talking ingame with foreign languages

is there something i can download for UT3 so i can see what people that use different letters and symbols than u.s and u.k uses...for example when people are speaking ingame from lets say Russia it comes up as rectangle boxes

ps:sorry for the way i wrote that.it hard to word how to say it

I havent tried but I have a hunch UT3 uses Windows feature for that. Text chatting isnt so bad, but when you set "Text to speech" settings ON. You hear russian letters as "question mark" and those show as 'square' on text chat.

question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark

Sorry for flooding. I'm just demostrating how it sounds. Is it a feature or a bug. ;-)

I havent tried yet, but probably you could get correct letters with Windows language pack.
    Few years ago I installed one game what needed japanese 'letters' and had to do next thing.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options...
    Its somewhere in there where you can install additional fonts. You probably need to use Windows cd or update for that thou.

Comment

Originally posted by UTlOvEr View Post
      is there something i can download for UT3 so i can see what people that use different letters and symbols than u.s and u.k uses...for example when people are speaking ingame from lets say Russia it comes up as rectangle boxes

ps:sorry for the way i wrote that.it hard to word how to say it
      Foreign languages? Oh, you mean languages other than Swedish, the only non-foreign language there is?

Comment

...for example when people are speaking ingame from lets say Russia it comes up as rectangle boxes...
        But, but, I thought in Russia that they do speak in rectangular boxes!

Comment

In Soviet Russia, rectangular boxes speak in you.

Comment

you guys know what i mean

Comment

you guys know what i mean
              I think I would go with Jussi's suggestion:

Originally posted by jiiihaad View Post
              I havent tried but I have a hunch UT3 uses Windows feature for that. Text chatting isnt so bad, but when you set "Text to speech" settings ON. You hear russian letters as "question mark" and those show as 'square' on text chat.

question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark question mark

Sorry for flooding. I'm just demostrating how it sounds. Is it a feature or a bug. ;-)

I havent tried yet, but probably you could get correct letters with Windows language pack.
              Few years ago I installed one game what needed japanese 'letters' and had to do next thing.
              Its somewhere in there where you can install additional fonts. You probably need to use Windows cd or update for that thou.
              Try installing the language pack OP, and let us know if it sorts the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                Foreign languages? Oh, you mean languages other than Swedish, the only non-foreign language there is?
                i m sure u re not egocentric demo

Comment

Originally posted by Pemphigus View Post
                  i m sure u re not egocentric demo
                  Well, my point was that "foreign" means "from another country", and not really "non-American"

Comment

Like perl.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                      Well, my point was that "foreign" means "from another country", and not really "non-American"
                      owned :P

i belive that is only for chinese, japanese and korean hieroglyphs and the arabic writting

try googleing: "how to see russian letters", that should help you

Comment

Working...
                      X