Xbox 360 updates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 updates???

Um...I was just wondering when exactly or if Xbox 360 will be getting any new maps anytime soon. I have heard that there are some character mods on the ps3. Why is Xbox treated so differently? I want to play on a lego map!!! I want to be able to customize my own character. I have the PC version but my "gaming" laptop doesnt have the right software or something...Its either that or I cant find the right patch that I really need.

I just want some new maps really. Mainly just for the Deathmatch and Duel modes. I dont really care about anything else on the game.

Blame M$ not Epic.

Because of M$ the Xbox gets no custom content. This is why PC games rule.

Comment

Originally posted by SATANIKWARMASTR View Post
      Why is Xbox treated so differently?
      Yes, blame MS.

Comment

So, your laptop has a problem? If you go into detail we might help you fix it.

Comment

As said it's microsoft's fault.

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
          So, your laptop has a problem? If you go into detail we might help you fix it.
          Indeed. Post details on the problem you're having and people might be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
            Blame M$ not Epic.

So lame, I wish Microsoft would loosen up a bit.

Comment

As someone said a while ago:

"First it was witches, then cyclists and Margret Thatcher, now its Microsoft....."

Comment

You guys are too funny... "It's Microsoft's fault"... Technically, yes that is true. I am not a huge MS fan, however there are some facts to consider. One of the restrictions MS places on things released to the Xbox is strict quality control. EVERYTHING, including games, patches, DLC (downloadable content) such as maps or character packs would fall under these guidelines. MS incurs costs to ensure this, not the least of which is the QA/testing they do each submission. They also incur costs in maintaining the servers that source the patches and DLC. So yes, they charge for anything that is submitted for the Xbox. You can look at this as MS trying to control everything, or you can look at it as them trying to ensure the quality of stuff that runs on their system. I cannot say that I have ever had a game, map, etc. ever crash my Xbox. I truly can't say the same for games on my PC, so you have to see their point.

Comment

Originally posted by HoMeRS}i{MpSoN View Post
                  You guys are too funny... "It's Microsoft's fault"... Technically, yes that is true. I am not a huge MS fan, however there are some facts to consider. One of the restrictions MS places on things released to the Xbox is strict quality control.
                  Not in all cases. Xbox didn't get the Titan-pack either due to file size iirc.

Comment

Forget about Titan Pack, it's too big, but why not at least a couple of maps? I remember that one map pack for Gears 1 was free.

Comment

Originally posted by Elebril View Post
                      Forget about Titan Pack, it's too big, but why not at least a couple of maps? I remember that one map pack for Gears 1 was free.
                      The Hidden Fronts map pack wasn't free at first. For a company that wants its stuff to be available without charging additional costs (Epic, for example) the Xbox Live Marketplace is a tough place to make deals with. Microsoft wants money for its services (which is understandable), but they won't get it if they're spending bandwidth to deliver free content.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                        Not in all cases. Xbox didn't get the Titan-pack either due to file size iirc.
                        I did say ONE of the reasons...

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                          Blame M$ not Epic.

yes, yes, YES!

And as much as I regret that xbox gamers don't get the fun of custom maps, I'm so freakin' happy that Sony didn't restrict it in its version aswell. Otherwise I'd have practically decided to get my PS3 console in vain. Seriously. UT3 is what makes the PS3 better than the 360 for me.

Comment

You can contact MS about this, I'm sure if a petition with multiple K's of signatures for this specific game was signed then MS might loosen up.

Comment

its not so much MS wants to charge... they want no unapproved content on their system.
                              Mods, are not approved, they are not looked over by MS.

Comment

Working...
                              X