Increased rocket kills for achievement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increased rocket kills for achievement

Okay, I know that rockets are useful and great for an easy kill. Not to mention I play on Xbox and I stress the importance of skill for a kill rather than ease of the kill unless the other person just sucks bad! Any way...as I stated I play on the Xbox 360 and there is an achievement for the rocket scientist award and whatever one you get for the Flak Cannon. Now, I dont have a problem with the Flak Cannon at all. My concern is that I want the Have a Nice Day achievement but I dont want to Increase my rocket kills any more than I already have them.

I know that there is no real solution to this problem...I am pretty much just venting about it. I know that a lot of people see nothing wrong with using rockets but, if you are not using it to blow up an enemy core or vehicle I see a big problem with killing an individual player with a rocket (or three/four). Thats just that!

Im about half tempted to just not worry about the achievement. It is only worth 20 GP. Oh well...

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    Are you worried that someone will call you a rocket *****, "cheap", or "gay?"

Well, in that case, it's their freaking problem that they can't dodge a simple rocket or two.

But, I can help you. We can rationalize our way out of this situation. Bots use rockets against people. Bots don't care if you use rockets against them.

Therefore, you should use rockets on bots without any regrets.
    LOLZ...My rocket count will still go up will it not. I mean I am not afraid of being called any names. I just want to show true skill...It doesnt matter to me what people think. I do want people to go "Wow, he is pretty good and he didnt even use any rockets!" That is what I care about. It doesnt really matter if someone thinks I am a Stinger *****(I kinda am as well as a Link Gun *****!!!) its just all about skill to me. I do need to work on my rocket dodging skills, though.

Originally posted by SATANIKWARMASTR View Post
    Okay, I know that rockets are useful and great for an easy kill. Not to mention I play on Xbox and I stress the importance of skill for a kill rather than ease of the kill unless the other person just sucks bad! Any way...as I stated I play on the Xbox 360 and there is an achievement for the rocket scientist award and whatever one you get for the Flak Cannon. Now, I dont have a problem with the Flak Cannon at all. My concern is that I want the Have a Nice Day achievement but I dont want to Increase my rocket kills any more than I already have them.

I know that there is no real solution to this problem...I am pretty much just venting about it. I know that a lot of people see nothing wrong with using rockets but, if you are not using it to blow up an enemy core or vehicle I see a big problem with killing an individual player with a rocket (or three/four). Thats just that!

Im about half tempted to just not worry about the achievement. It is only worth 20 GP. Oh well...
    Are you worried that someone will call you a rocket *****, "cheap", or "gay?"

Well, in that case, it's their freaking problem that they can't dodge a simple rocket or two.

But, I can help you. We can rationalize our way out of this situation. Bots use rockets against people. Bots don't care if you use rockets against them.

Therefore, you should use rockets on bots without any regrets.

Comment

just use rockets

get the achievement then never use them again

theres no other way around this, you want the rocket kill achievement you're going to need to get rocket kills

Comment

Take a look at any persons stats that you play against in your friends list... I guarantee the majority will have more rocket and flak kills than any other type of kill!

So what if you have 500 rocket scientist awards?! To me that means you're good with rockets!

Rockets are GOOD ...

Comment

The people who call you names just 'cuz you use rockets are jealous because you're a better rocket master than they are. Let them have their fun and just smile and say thank you.

Comment

I don't get it. I love rockets. Not on close range, there it's somewhat sucky IMO ... but it's **** funny when used on longer range ... when I predict the movement of somebody and then really hit the opponent spot on, that is great fun. I don't see anything wrong with that, I love it. I'd like to do this all day, hehehe...

Also, when I get gibbed with a rocket, it really feels "in your face" style. It shows me that I just really failed to dodge properly, which I find monstrously awesome!

Rockets are your friends. Use them

Comment

To OP: D=< What!? The rocket launcher has it's advantages up close and disadvantages at range just like the Bio and the Flak. There's nothing wrong with using it against people. Nuff said. Though if you really want to be really hardcore try only playing with only an Enforcer from now on.

Comment

Working...
              X