No announcement yet.

Not Fun Being '**********' in Game :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get killed pretty easily in UT3 ... one rocket is 100 health.
    Thus it indeed can have a ******** atmosphere when there are too many players and you spawn and instantly get your **** plastered with rockets. Or anything else.
    I hate that aswell. The only fun on these servers is when you can get your hands on a big gun and then you're the one who's fragging the people. I have begun to dislike this aswell though.

This game offers so much more depth when it's not crowded ... even if the other players are more skilled and kill you fast, at least you have a chance to register what actually happens and what mistake you just made that got you killed.

Comment

Well I'm doing better playing and improved my stats too some since I started this thread. The only bad time I had was last night when I joined a Heat Ray map with only 2 other players and got killed 10 times in a row with single shots from the same player! It made me think the guy was hacked since it happened while I was invisible too (virtually) but I'll assume that was just my imagination jumping to conclusions again. I usually do pretty well in that map too, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
        Well I'm doing better playing and improved my stats too some since I started this thread. The only bad time I had was last night when I joined a Heat Ray map with only 2 other players and got killed 10 times in a row with single shots from the same player! It made me think the guy was hacked since it happened while I was invisible too (virtually) but I'll assume that was just my imagination jumping to conclusions again. I usually do pretty well in that map too, LOL.
        Not a big DM player myself but I'm pretty sure the invisibility makes distortion

Also just the other day some guy was accused of hacking on TDM, but he wasn't. He was just good at prediction and had every power-up on the map due to good timing. I can beat newer players 30-0 in a duel whilst veteran duellists can beat me 30-0 no problem which just shows the difference in skill between players.

Comment

Yeah there's some distortion you can notice being fairy close but not usually from the other corner of the map in a Darkwalker that zaps you like it never lost a beat. Hey maybe he was just lucky to be dead on like insta-gib. I can take it though since everything was on the up and up. I never saw the third guy, he was probably hiding or staying dead so he was the smartest player of all.

Comment

You have to keep things in perspective.

I am not a great DM player,never will be as I play more the team game types, anywhere from WAR to Greed to VCTF mostly, but I also play a lot of TAM.

For a while I was in the top 100 in ELO rank. I played almost always WAR or VCTF and players that know me know I have skill in the heavy vehicles, that is my specialty.

So I had a great K/D ratio and high ELO. I was ranked as high as 50 at one point.

Once I started playing TAM and some TDM however my rankings dropped like a stone to where ever it sits now. I have not checked in ages, but I know I am not in the top 200 for sure, somewhere maybe outside the top 500 in ELO. I have average DM skills so I can hold my own sometimes, But make no mistake, is you play me in Greed or War on vehicle maps, you will be screaming to your teammates to help you kill me in the DW.

So ELO is misleading is my point. As someone stated, it was meant for pure DM, TDM game types. Once you introduce other elements, it does not mean much.

Also I know that some of the top 50 players get their rankings high, then make a new account to play everyday so that they never lose points and always stay high.

Comment

Yeah I don't care abour ELO either since after 3200 DM games my ELO rating is only 1716 and 17511 in rank. Really the only thing I care about is ratio and efficiency, which is 65.4% right now. My goal is just to stay at least at 66% or kill 2 times for every time I die. My main enemy is suicide by rocket launcher so i'm trying to use the chain gun more. I need to get better with the other instant hit weapons but I hate playing insta-gib but might have to just to train up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
                Also I know that some of the top 50 players get their rankings high, then make a new account to play everyday so that they never lose points and always stay high.
                People who "Eff" the system like that deserve several sessions of water boarding torture a day, unless they start to actually use their account.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                  Maybe that's a bad term to use but that's how it feels sometimes playing UT3 online. Okay, I'm an average player and 50 years old now. I've played every 3D shooter from the original Wolfenstein to Doom to Quake to all of the Unreal series. I even used to run a Quakeworld clan (Seismic Force) back in the old school dial-up modem days. But sometimes in UT3 it seems like a can barely take a few steps before I'm fragged again and again and can't get a single shot off.

I know the guys killing me that badly are great players but besides regular playing what makes them so **** good at it? Do they just have too much time on their hands to play constantly with no full time job or family to take care of like I do?

I average killing 2 players for every one time I die; that's a 66% efficiency rate which should be fairly good. But sometimes I get on a server, usually a Deck-only one, that has 2 or more urber players that just pummel everything in sight! It makes me feel like they are ganging up on me, even though I realize they are probably not teaming me.

Give me a constructive perspective on this instead of recommending I should hang it up because I'm too old.

LOL you do not know what old is yet i will be 60 this year and been playing since unreal co-op.. you just need to be smarter about your playing style are they fragging you long range? short range find the goo gun and keep it loaded. If you know you are going take them with ya other than that don't be to agressive and knowing the maps is the key... the weapon switching on this version leaves alot to be desired but having a great weapons setup will also help and don't miss...

Comment

Working...
                  X