idea for ut2k4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idea for ut2k4

ok i have an idea for ut2k4 so im not sure if that is considered off topic for ut3 forum but w/e im really hoping someone of importance sees this and it plants a seed. ut2k4 is probably my favorite game ever, def top 2.

anyway me and a friend were talking about what if epic were to revamp this as a xbox live arcade title and release it on the 360? is this possible? and please dont say just go play UT3 cause first no one plays it, and it is also not the same game.

i hope this post doesn't get buried in an hour cause i think it would be perfect for xbla and maybe bring some more fans, both new and old, back into epics corner.

I second that. It would not take many resources or development time and could be a nice cash grab for Epic, look no further than what EA did with 1943.

Comment

Why bother, you can play Unreal Championship 2.

Comment

UT2K4 is just too old and wrong people do play UT3 and its a far better game!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
          Why bother, you can play Unreal Championship 2.
          is that an attempt to diss those who play xbox? cause if it is, i have played and mastered top pc titles since the late 90s, including the first UT, and every other UT on the pc after that, so your sarcasm is unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
            UT2K4 is just too old and wrong people do play UT3 and its a far better game!
            yea people play it but even now ut2k4 is more active then ut3. ut even is more active (http://www.theclq.com/ags/games.php). i dunno i posted this to get opinions so if its a bad idea amongst the community then thats just what it is but i wanted to see how others thought about this, as in my opinion, ut2k4 was the best in the series, and one of the best games ever. i am an oldschool UT fan without a popular UT game to play, and that is very depresssing

Comment

If UT3 was fixed of all of its bugs and had a better User Interface then yes, it would be better than 2k4.

Comment

How is it too old? EA re-did Battlefield 1942(which is just as old) and made 1943 for Xbox Live Arcade. Call it "Unreal Classic" for all I care and bring back face the worlds from UT99. Just give us something!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha DoGxj21 View Post
                  yea people play it but even now ut2k4 is more active then ut3. ut even is more active (http://www.theclq.com/ags/games.php). i dunno i posted this to get opinions so if its a bad idea amongst the community then thats just what it is but i wanted to see how others thought about this, as in my opinion, ut2k4 was the best in the series, and one of the best games ever. i am an oldschool UT fan without a popular UT game to play, and that is very depresssing
                  Given how many of the 2k4 fans I've met are anti-console, I think you'd p*ss off a lot of the 2k4 fans. A lot fo them hold 2k4 as the "premiere PC game" (ignoring the fact that the build that 2k3 sprouted from was for a console version...) As much as a certain part of me would enjoy throwing 2k4 coming out on console in their face, I don't think it would be done much justice there.

Another big part of what makes 2k4 so popular is just how many mods and mutators there are for it. If it went on XBLA, all of those would be gone.

Just for consideration's sake, there are a lot of UT players that don't go online, so judging a game's quality based on online players is simply a limited and biased viewpoint. Fe: apparently, according to Epic, over half of the playres who bought 2k4 Never took it online. There's not really any reason to believe that has changed, and mods like Map Mixer eliminate the UI "problems" entirely when playing offline.

Comment

Unreal Tournament (insert version here) is a PC franchise, not a console.

Unreal Championship is the console version, so if anything ask for UC3.

Just as much as PC gamers hate when companies port console games to the PC, console gamers hate it when PC titles are ported too. Ported games usually suck. Unless the game was designed from the get go, for both worlds. Even then, name one title that's been overly successful on both a PC and console.

Comment

Originally posted by Skillz View Post

Just as much as PC gamers hate when companies port console games to the PC, console gamers hate it when PC titles are ported too. Ported games usually suck. Unless the game was designed from the get go, for both worlds. Even then, name one title that's been overly successful on both a PC and console.
                      Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                      Given how many of the 2k4 fans I've met are anti-console, I think you'd p*ss off a lot of the 2k4 fans. A lot fo them hold 2k4 as the "premiere PC game" (ignoring the fact that the build that 2k3 sprouted from was for a console version...) As much as a certain part of me would enjoy throwing 2k4 coming out on console in their face, I don't think it would be done much justice there.

Another big part of what makes 2k4 so popular is just how many mods and mutators there are for it. If it went on XBLA, all of those would be gone.

Just for consideration's sake, there are a lot of UT players that don't go online, so judging a game's quality based on online players is simply a limited and biased viewpoint. Fe: apparently, according to Epic, over half of the playres who bought 2k4 Never took it online. There's not really any reason to believe that has changed, and mods like Map Mixer eliminate the UI "problems" entirely when playing offline.
                      yea i can understand what both of you mean and it makes sense. i guess i just want to see UT as the premeire shooter, and popular game that it used to be. so i would love to see it on the 360 just so maybe people would play it again. tho like skillz said, it wouldn't be the same as pc.

Comment

Originally posted by PlatinumX View Post
                        How is it too old? EA re-did Battlefield 1942(which is just as old) and made 1943 for Xbox Live Arcade. Call it "Unreal Classic" for all I care and bring back face the worlds from UT99. Just give us something!
                        tho like plat said battlefield 1942 was a pure pc shooter, and was remade successfully for xbla and enjoyed some success so that was part of our thinking as to "why cant epic do it too?"

Comment

I don't really care about console bashing, pc bashing or whatever..... however there was Gears1 for pc and console, and it did very well on both. Gears 2 was denied to pc users, I suspect there was a reason but I hesitate to speculate. Cheers!

Comment

I would play it for sure and even more if it would have splitscreen. I have been playing 2k4 on the pc since it got out so an easy yes from my side anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Skillz View Post

UT3 works great on PS3. You can even plug in a mouse/keyboard if you want. Like it or not, UT is on consoles, too.

I don't hate it when PC titles are ported. (I wouldn't presume to think that all PC gamers hate it when console games are ported to PC.) UT3 isn't a "port" in the negative sense, either. I'm pretty sure Epic had both PC and consoles in mind when they were making UT3.

Halo was successful on both the PC and Xbox. Right?

Comment

Working...
                              X