Clear All

Originally posted by daywalker03 View Post
    System specifications
    Doesn't matter!
    game patch version
    ehm the newest?
    Or do you think we all play with 1.0?
    Of course we are talking about the newest patch which is 2.1.
    If someone uses an old patch, then Epic's reply would be: "Update your game to version 2.1"
    a much clearer description of the issue and how to reproduce
    - any crash
    - any network disconnect
    - a pc restart (blue screen)

All those things which suddenly quit the game.
    The server still "thinks" the player is on it.
    You are not able to connect to the server for a long time (many minutes).

Sorry if my post sounds aggressive, I didn't mean it like that.
    However, nowadays the forums are full of, well, not pretty smart posts...

Cheers!

Comment

I call shenanigans on "junior member" daywalker... when I posted quoting them it was the post just before mine, and the user had only one post, that one... I watched the thread, and waited to see what would happen... 5 minutes later the post was gone, but mine stood with the quote intact.... now their post is back, and the thread is all out of order. The posts have been rearranged. Odd, that.

Comment

Nightmare85, system specifications do matter; there are times when a bug in a game only occurs with certain combinations of hardware, or specific hardware and operating system combinations. I don't know if that is the case here, but it is information that is potentially useful to the developers at Epic.

Comment

daywalker03, everyone has this problem.
          If anything happens (as already written), the bug will appear.
          It is a pure server/netcode issue - not more, not less.

You don't know if this is the case here, so why do you write "system specifications matter"?
          Please don't mix up things.

Cheers!

Comment

System specifications, game patch version, a much clearer description of the issue and how to reproduce, if possible; another thing that would be nice but not always knowable would be whether the server is a game installation one or a stand alone server. What it sounds like is happening (based on the description given) is that the server thinks you've been defeated and is waiting for you to hit respawn, not knowing that you've lost connection entirely.
            Nightmare85, system specifications do matter; there are times when a bug in a game only occurs with certain combinations of hardware, or specific hardware and operating system combinations. I don't know if that is the case here, but it is information that is potentially useful to the developers at Epic.
            System specs don't matter when the issue affects everyone, and the latest client version is pretty much required to play. And it's already been said that all you have to do is crash or lose connection while playing to reproduce the issue. So to really help Epic troubleshoot I would need to provide the server versions, which I don't know. But I only play on PC, on dedicated servers... so there's that.

It has occurred to me on every major east coast DM and TDM server.

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
              So to really help Epic troubleshoot I would need to provide the server versions, which I don't know.
              Engine version: 3809.
              Or are you talking about something different?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                Engine version: 3809.
                Or are you talking about something different?

Cheers!
                Did you get that in your game? If so that's your client version. The server version is the one running on the server, which in 99% of cases is also the latest build.

The only reason I mentioned this is because netcode issues are sometimes related to client and server version interoperability -- but when hardly anyone runs pre-2.1 versions on client or server, requesting "system specifications" for this sort of widespread netcode issue seems superfluous.

Comment

It has occurred to me on every major east coast DM and TDM server.
                  Ok, this is a start; are there any others that see this on different map types, or are these the main maps types that are affected?

Comment

Those are the only game types I play, excepting duel, in which it has also occurred.

Comment

Did you get that in your game? If so that's your client version.
                      Nope, my client version is 2.1 which is in/on/at (lol) upper left corner in main menu.
                      The engine version is visible on the server browser.
                      Click on any server and you will see its server/engine version in the small table bottom left.

Problem exists in Warfare matches, too.
                      I guess it's not a game mode problem.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                        The engine version is visible on the server browser.
                        Click on any server and you will see its server/engine version in the small table bottom left.
                        Haha, can't believe I missed that... thanks for the head's up.

Comment

Haha, can't believe I missed that... thanks for the head's up.
                          Stop smoking weed.

Comment

Working...
                          X