Epic, Please Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic, Please Fix

Whenever anything happens to cause me to disconnect from a server, my player doesn't time out until the match has ended. This leaves a 'ghost' of myself standing around in the server, while I'm stuck waiting 15-20 minutes before I can rejoin.

I would think that this should be an extremely simple fix -- a network timeout isn't all that complex.

utopia....

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2 View Post
      utopia....
      ???

Comment

I think he's trying to tell me I'm dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
          I think he's trying to tell me I'm dreaming...
          Oh. I get it now.

Well, I guess you can try to minimize disconnects by using Ethernet instead of wireless, right? There's also firewalls, ports, and all that geek babble.

Comment

Come on, that's not really a fix.
            It does not even depend on the network connection.
            A simple game freeze (back to windows) is the same, you will not be able to connect unless an admin kicks your ghost.

We can invent plenty of ideas and it will never work at all.
            It's simply Epic's job.
            (Furthermore it's not an old bug, it came with 2.0/2.1)

Cheers!

Comment

3rd thread about that prob (as far as i know). I really dont mind about it (a billion threds n i wont mind=)cause its something that needs to be fixed.........pls.

Comment

Well, the threads are not the problem, there could be 10 threads as well.
                These forums should be the connection between Epic and the community.
                However, sometimes it's hard for me to believe that there actually is any connection...

Let's see if we get a hotfix (like the orb mutator) at least..

Cheers!

Comment

hi all, i'm just stopping in to say that i've just encountered this for my first time!
                  and for once in my own mind i thought i was playing well

have a nice day!

Comment

It might help Epic if those complaining about network disconnects gave them something more to go on than a request to "fix the network disconnects".

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker03 View Post
                      It might help Epic if those complaining about network disconnects gave them something more to go on than a request to "fix the network disconnects".
                      Please read the thread. The problem is not about disconnects; it concerns the timeout after a disconnect or crash.

Comment

and oddly enough, i did not exit the game, but i did log off, and rejoin as another nick. i did no thowever look to see if rek70 was still listed as an active player at that time. he was while i still was, before i logged of, but did not exit game.

i will try that again if it happens to me again.

and the weird thing was, i rejoined the same match, as my char, and before i crashed, and rejoined i was demo guy.

that sounds confusing. ugh

server was dfb! maybe attentive admins i don't know.

i like it there, i die alot.

Comment

We've noticed it too. While it's not a game breaker it can be very annoying when it is a ghost that keeps the next map from starting .. "Waiting for players". Also when you want to rejoin after a crash and no one can help you. Attentive admins help but there is nothing like talking to a server admin on ventrilo or whatever and having your ghost kicked within a minute. Agreed though, this should be addressed by Epic and they should do something about it. It does seem like an easy fix. Perhaps they are waiting to compile all the small patches/fixes into one so they don't have to keep making a patch for every little thing. Maybe I'm in dream land or just have wishful thinking. Either way, I hope it gets fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker03 View Post

What should they give Epic? They describe the problem fairly clearly, I think. I don't understand? Also, first poster... are you incognito? Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                              What should they give Epic? They describe the problem fairly clearly, I think. I don't understand? Also, first poster... are you incognito? Cheers!
                              System specifications, game patch version, a much clearer description of the issue and how to reproduce, if possible; another thing that would be nice but not always knowable would be whether the server is a game installation one or a stand alone server. What it sounds like is happening (based on the description given) is that the server thinks you've been defeated and is waiting for you to hit respawn, not knowing that you've lost connection entirely.

Comment

Working...
                              X