• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
    stupit futher i hate that
    there are no dictionaries in further
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    Coolcat, you're awesome
    Hedsteem always looks forward to nero's insightful & err interesting posts!

Comment

Originally posted by plugh View Post
      At the moment, there are no plans for a European server, we had a meeting last night and it was decided that we are not prepared to start another server due to the lack of interest shown for an All Custom server in europe.

We had a couple of guys offering to host and help host a fully voteable server, mutators, gametypes etc, but this was not within the Hedsteem agenda. If we did host a European Hedsteem server, it would be on a dedicated box, non-voteable gametypes, and ALL custom maps, weapons and vehicles. The general consensus amongst the few Europeans that joined the discussion on our forums felt that European's needed to be 'eased' into custom stuff. This is where the talks broke down. Hedsteem is a creative community of players, mappers, coders, artists, technicians and social participants, and our servers reflect this, it would have to be all custom, or nothing at all.
      It seems us euro players looking for custom content are being punished because of the rest, I can understand what you mean though - simply nowhere near enough demand for it in europe compared to US, shame really

Comment

Originally posted by Thigor View Post
        It seems us euro players looking for custom content are being punished because of the rest, I can understand what you mean though - simply nowhere near enough demand for it in europe compared to US, shame really
        Here's an idea. Make a petition and go around to all the European players you can find and have them sign it. Maybe if you can get enough people to show us its worth the money and trouble setting up a server over there then maybe we'll do it. It's going to take more than just a few people wanting a Hedsteem Euro server especially since it's our players donations that keep the US server running.

Comment

Nervous-Energy's server is in the EU and it has custom maps, I'm sure we could put any other custom content up if it's requested. We use to have some custom weapons votable also.

We hosted custom game nights 3 times a week before summer but the server sees little activity now, for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
            Nervous-Energy's server is in the EU and it has custom maps, I'm sure we could put any other custom content up if it's requested. We use to have some custom weapons votable also.

We hosted custom game nights 3 times a week before summer but the server sees little activity now, for whatever reason.

I was wondering about that BTA night you guys did, I had an ok ping on your server (it was 57 which is great but server was empty, my ping has a habit of eating other peoples and growing)

Comment

Originally posted by Rumple View Post
              Here's an idea. Make a petition and go around to all the European players you can find and have them sign it. Maybe if you can get enough people to show us its worth the money and trouble setting up a server over there then maybe we'll do it. It's going to take more than just a few people wanting a Hedsteem Euro server especially since it's our players donations that keep the US server running.

Ill look into it but people get discouraged easily from downloading content

If it has decent ping and word gets around, it can easily become a popular server, I know the DoS server wasnt very popular awhile back (neither was custom content in vctf at all, on a large scale atleast) but DoS is full basically all the time now, unfortunately the ping this is **** for me but it still is popular and has alot of custom content

Im fairly sure alot of the DoS regulars would join hedsteem aswell, if the pings were competitive and the server had good voting options

Getting a hold of the eu vctf community as a whole is difficult though, we dont really congregate in one place, but Ill see what I can do

cheers

Comment

I was wondering about that BTA night you guys did, I had an ok ping on your server (it was 57 which is great but server was empty, my ping has a habit of eating other peoples and growing)
                Do you have IRC? MPUK has some custom maps and people often play there when waiting for the mpuk war pug to start.
                (The most popular being Faze and CampGrounds_UTfix).

I'd try to get the custom nights going again. But the last few times I was there alone myself or with only one other guy. Most of the EU players who use to play there no longer bother. When they do play BTA, etc, they seem to do so via talking about it on IRC.

Comment

Ill look into it but people get discouraged easily from downloading content
                  And that is why UT3 is dying in Europe. People see that they have to download something so they just disconnect instead of waiting to see what it is. It's their loss I guess. We fixed/modded everything in the game so there are a lot of downloads. The weapons, vehicles, & mutators on our servers are exclusive to Hedsteem and are not available for download and we're always creating new stuff to keep the game fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                    Do you have IRC? MPUK has some custom maps and people often play there when waiting for the mpuk war pug to start.
                    (The most popular being Faze and CampGrounds_UTfix).

I'd try to get the custom nights going again. But the last few times I was there alone myself or with only one other guy. Most of the EU players who use to play there no longer bother. When they do play BTA, etc, they seem to do so via talking about it on IRC.
                    most people seem to play on fa2k server, its usually got atleast6 people in there

I have irc I just rarely use it

Comment

This thread is about HEDSTEEM. Back on topic! I took this screen shot last night at the end of VCTF-Christmas2008. Right at the last second the red guy got his head cut off by the MantaRay.

Comment

Speaking of winter maps, would you guys perhaps add my map when I'm done with it for the winter time? I'd like to see it on the hedsteem server...

[shot]http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/113605/ScreenShot00002.JPG[/shot]

[shot]http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/113606/ScreenShot00001.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Post a link to the download over on the Hedsteem forums, and we'll put it on our testing server. It would also be useful if we could talk to you directly on ventrilo, PM me over on the hedsteem forums for a vent account.

Comment

Yeah when I feel it's ready for the testing phase I'll put it up.

Comment

We'll be running the Vehicle Capture the Tree mutator until Christmas!

Comment

Working on a new map. Should be on the server this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X