Hedsteem All Custom UT3 Servers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Great sever been playing this sever for awhile now. Would of been gone from this game by now, if it wasn't for the community and the updates that happen every few months. Thanks to Hedsteem I got my moneys worth from this game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    I hate signing up to forums to get my links though! BAH looks like I have no choice.
    You can always make the modifications to the cache mentioned in an above post.

As far as European players go, we do have regular players that are from Europe and don't have too bad a ping. Heck, I've seen them with better pings at times than players here in the US.

If you guys are truely interested in having all the custom stuff we have on our main servers in Europe, feel free to stop by our website and let us know. www.hedsteem.com

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
    If you join hedsteem.com you'll see the map packs on the downloads section.

Also redirect speed is a bit dependant of your location.
    I hate signing up to forums to get my links though! BAH looks like I have no choice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's also a very good idea to do the following before joining Hedsteem, as we have approximately 200MB of vehicles and weapons...

Open the UTEngine.ini in your "My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config" folder and open your UTEngine.ini.

Goto [Core.System] entry and change the following:
    StaleCacheDays=30
    MaxStaleCacheSize=100
    MaxOverallCacheSize=300
    to
    StaleCacheDays=365 (How many days the files stay in cache)
    MaxStaleCacheSize=9999 (Max size of old files)
    MaxOverallCacheSize=9999 (Max size over cache overall size)

This will ensure your cache doesn't expire quickly.

There is also a tool to extract downloaded content from your Cache folder, found here : http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=665087

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The latest Necris Weapon. The Typhoon Minigun. Coming to the server Turkey Day!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
    Lies! I downloaded a 32MB map on another server in under 30 seconds. On yours it's taken over 5min so far Maybe I just have a dodgy connection to your redirect server. idk.

Do you a custom-content pack on the interwebs in a nice tidy zip file?
    If you join hedsteem.com you'll see the map packs on the downloads section.

Also redirect speed is a bit dependant of your location.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Our redirect is hosted again in Washington DC, and provides a very fast connection to access all of our custom content
    Lies! I downloaded a 32MB map on another server in under 30 seconds. On yours it's taken over 5min so far Maybe I just have a dodgy connection to your redirect server. idk.

Do you a custom-content pack on the interwebs in a nice tidy zip file?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hedsteem servers aRE great...especially the vctf server all ways has people in it and in the day is quite full everyday.......KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HEDSTEEM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 plays great on PS3, and I love the fact that I can load mods on it. Unfortunately, most console players (especially those my age) don't really know what mods are.

So, we have mostly pure servers playing on PS3. It's either because of ignorance or laziness.

But the bot matches more than makes up for that. If Halo on the Xbox had bot matches and modding... wel...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, UT3 isn't really for console anyway. should keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    Too bad Hedsteem isn't available for PS3. Almost all PS3 servers are unmodified.
    That does suck that PS3 users are force to play the stock content that came with the game at launch. its a real shame they were never able to get that cross-platform stuff to work out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
    Resfresh the first page and see where they are at.
    Thanks for the help. Appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Too bad Hedsteem isn't available for PS3. Almost all PS3 servers are unmodified.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nuppi View Post
    Where are your servers located?
    Never seen them when i search for online game :/

China perhaps?
    Dont really wanna play with over 200 ping..
    /me from Europe
    Resfresh the first page and see where they are at.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where are your servers located?
    Never seen them when i search for online game :/

China perhaps?
    Dont really wanna play with over 200 ping..
    /me from Europe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X