Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hedsteem All Custom UT3 Servers.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I stopped playing UT3 a year after it was released and just started playing again within the last month. I was connecting to the few servers left that had players and hedsteem was the only server that was fun to play on so I stuck around.

    Comment


      #32
      Where are your servers located?
      Never seen them when i search for online game :/

      China perhaps?
      Dont really wanna play with over 200 ping..
      /me from Europe

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Nuppi View Post
        Where are your servers located?
        Never seen them when i search for online game :/

        China perhaps?
        Dont really wanna play with over 200 ping..
        /me from Europe
        Resfresh the first page and see where they are at.

        Comment


          #34
          Too bad Hedsteem isn't available for PS3. Almost all PS3 servers are unmodified.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
            Resfresh the first page and see where they are at.
            Thanks for the help. Appreciated!

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
              Too bad Hedsteem isn't available for PS3. Almost all PS3 servers are unmodified.
              That does suck that PS3 users are force to play the stock content that came with the game at launch. its a real shame they were never able to get that cross-platform stuff to work out

              Comment


                #37
                Well, UT3 isn't really for console anyway. should keep that in mind.

                Comment


                  #38
                  UT3 plays great on PS3, and I love the fact that I can load mods on it. Unfortunately, most console players (especially those my age) don't really know what mods are.

                  So, we have mostly pure servers playing on PS3. It's either because of ignorance or laziness.

                  But the bot matches more than makes up for that. If Halo on the Xbox had bot matches and modding... wel...

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Hedsteem servers aRE great...especially the vctf server all ways has people in it and in the day is quite full everyday.......KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HEDSTEEM

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Our redirect is hosted again in Washington DC, and provides a very fast connection to access all of our custom content
                      Lies! I downloaded a 32MB map on another server in under 30 seconds. On yours it's taken over 5min so far Maybe I just have a dodgy connection to your redirect server. idk.

                      Do you a custom-content pack on the interwebs in a nice tidy zip file?

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                        Lies! I downloaded a 32MB map on another server in under 30 seconds. On yours it's taken over 5min so far Maybe I just have a dodgy connection to your redirect server. idk.

                        Do you a custom-content pack on the interwebs in a nice tidy zip file?
                        If you join hedsteem.com you'll see the map packs on the downloads section.

                        Also redirect speed is a bit dependant of your location.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          The latest Necris Weapon. The Typhoon Minigun. Coming to the server Turkey Day!

                          Comment


                            #43
                            It's also a very good idea to do the following before joining Hedsteem, as we have approximately 200MB of vehicles and weapons...

                            Open the UTEngine.ini in your "My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config" folder and open your UTEngine.ini.

                            Goto [Core.System] entry and change the following:
                            StaleCacheDays=30
                            MaxStaleCacheSize=100
                            MaxOverallCacheSize=300
                            to
                            StaleCacheDays=365 (How many days the files stay in cache)
                            MaxStaleCacheSize=9999 (Max size of old files)
                            MaxOverallCacheSize=9999 (Max size over cache overall size)

                            This will ensure your cache doesn't expire quickly.

                            There is also a tool to extract downloaded content from your Cache folder, found here : http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=665087

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
                              If you join hedsteem.com you'll see the map packs on the downloads section.

                              Also redirect speed is a bit dependant of your location.
                              I hate signing up to forums to get my links though! BAH looks like I have no choice.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
                                I hate signing up to forums to get my links though! BAH looks like I have no choice.
                                You can always make the modifications to the cache mentioned in an above post.

                                As far as European players go, we do have regular players that are from Europe and don't have too bad a ping. Heck, I've seen them with better pings at times than players here in the US.

                                If you guys are truely interested in having all the custom stuff we have on our main servers in Europe, feel free to stop by our website and let us know. www.hedsteem.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X