Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing your favorites

Hi Folks,

Gamespy moved and upgraded some of their servers and in the interim, some of your saved favorites are showing as 9999. This is not a Gamespy issue. To get your favorites back and working properly, remove them from your favorites and re-add them to the list.

Server admins: If your server has not been restarted since Gamespy moved/upgraded their servers, then your servers may still show with a 9999 ping even after clients apply the fix. Please restart your servers as soon as possible so they show correctly.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience and assistance while we figured this out.

Big thanks to the folks at Gamespy for taking the time to resolve this issue!

Still broke....I have 6 Favs and reports 2 (ALL servers have been restarted) and FAV's have been removed and re-added

Comment

If it is not a gamespy issue... whose issue is it? Ours now, obviously, but surely we didn't all do it. I have ZERO favorites and the problem persists for me. This is probably THE most important thing right now in terms of this game staying alive.

Comment

"THIS IS NOT A GAMESPY ISSUE" ?? Perhaps an "EPIC" issue ??

Regardless of who's issue it is, it shouldn't be ours, and it's still not fixed on many servers.

Comment

UT3 is dead regardless, this is just ruining it for those who play.

Comment

No one said it was "your" issue. The fact that favorites are kept client side once added to favorites is the issue, deleting, and re-adding should re-write that specific file.

If that fails you could try deleting and letting the game re-create your UTGame.ini?

At the end of the day it doesn't stop you joining the server at all. You just can't see ping or how many players are there. Ping isn't going to be a problem, wouldn't be a favorite if it was a bad server, right? And if it is a good server surely it's there because people play there regularly?

Comment

What about new players? Or players who don't read these forums? I repeat, I have ZERO favorites. At the end of the day, it hurts the community.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                No one said it was "your" issue. The fact that favorites are kept client side once added to favorites is the issue, deleting, and re-adding should re-write that specific file.

If that fails you could try deleting and letting the game re-create your UTGame.ini?

At the end of the day it doesn't stop you joining the server at all. You just can't see ping or how many players are there. Ping isn't going to be a problem, wouldn't be a favorite if it was a bad server, right? And if it is a good server surely it's there because people play there regularly?
                We did this first thing....THIS STARTED HAPPENING THE LAST TIME GAMEPSPY CRASHED.

Comment

Shouting at me wont fix it OMG

Comment

Thanks for the information, I will try it tomorrow.

Cheers!

Comment

I should look at this too ty flack

Comment

I have this problem as well.

Comment

Please do not sign up with new accounts just to agree with yourself.

Thanks!

Comment

Ut3 aint dead

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                              Please do not sign up with new accounts just to agree with yourself.

Thanks!
                              that is hilarious.people creating new accounts to agree with there negative comments....kind of sad tho

Comment

Working...
                              X