UT crashes when I try to connect to server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT crashes when I try to connect to server

I also opened a thread at Problems and troubleshooting but I think more ppl are reading in the general chat, so here's my problem...

My UT crashes when I try to connect to server. Dunno what happened, suddenly I can't connect to any server anymore and after some tries my ut won't start at all. And then my whole pc is slower. I have no problems with other games like borderlands or similar. UT worked the day before with "almost" no problems, on that day I already couldn't connect to some servers. When I try to connect it says "UT3.exe detected a problem and so on". I already re-installed it, checked my harddrive with virus scan and re-patched it. Atleast I can start ut now again, but still can't connect to any server. Can some1 help me pls?

greets
    Holly

Can you post your log?

Comment

Yes. But does it "record" the log till I try to connect to the server or does it check the UT3.exe only? I never used HiJackThis or any other logprogam before.

Comment

Just cut and paste all your .ini files in MyDocuments\MyGames\UT3\UTGame\Config to your desktop or somewhere

Then run ut3, and it will generate new .ini files for you and it should work fine.
        If that worked then you can probably copy back over most of the old .ini files, probably the only two I wouldn't copy back would be utengine.ini and utgame.ini just to be safe.

Good luck

Comment

Ok what infra said worked, thx man. But when I overwrite the other stuff except for utgame and utengine.ini it ****s up again. =(

Comment

Nevermind, I'll edit my ini's again. Already knew about that way to fix it but didn't remember what inis I have to delete^^

But THANK YOU VERY MUCH =)

Comment

I keep my ini's back up in a different partition in my hd(in a dvd u can keep ini's maps n the whole-almost thing-might take more dvd's depending on ur maps).

in case of probs or a format u can copy paste em.If though u change from nvdia to ati or vice versa u might have to change some ini settings.Dunno what will happen if u change OS tbh.

Comment

Working...
              X