problem with windows 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with windows 7?

hi guys i try and install unreal on my pc i have just put windows 7 64 bit and everytime i try and install it i get error half way through when its trying to install anyone know why?

What does the error message say?

Comment

if you are 'uprgrading' from an older system then there are pitfalls in doing the install, especially if you are moving from 32bit to 64.
      the only times i have sen problems is if you try and do an upgrade where you should be doing a custom (full wipe and install) installation.
      like slick says what's the error you are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
        What does the error message say?
        hey urm its says data 81 missing or something and says do you want to abort or ignor even when you click ignor it dont ignor it stillcancels duno why its doing this didnt have any probs with vista 64

my specs are

q6600 2.4 ghz
        4gb corsair 800 mhz
        seagate hard drives
        600 psu
        8800gtx xfx
        asus pne sli motherboard

Comment

Strange error.

Last resort would be to use Steam by entering your CD-key on it. It would have to d/l the whole game (a few Gigs), but at least it would be working eh?

Comment

oops, sorry completely missread that the other day, thought it was a win7 install problem (stupid stupid)
            no scratches on the disk i assume?

so like masaai says try the steam install, will take a few hours to download or if you really want the disk i'm sure you can pick it up from Game fairly cheap now.
            unless there is something wrong with your dvd drive

Comment

I have UT3 installed on this computer running Win7 Ultimate 64bit and had no problem installing. It was a clean install. No upgrade here.

Comment

ok i try downloading throught steam and put my seriel on it thanks guys for your help

Comment

Working...
                X