Tournament Mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament Mode.

I love duel mode and I hate vehicles in the game because it takes away what makes UT good. However for some reason everyones playing them modes and my fave mode of duel is dead or you have to wait 15 mins for a fight because it's poorly implemented.

So the best way to fix duel is to make it into a tournament and say theres 16 people who join a lobby or whatever and you have a ladder. You'll have at the start 8 games going on at once with 1 v 1 and the winner goes on to the next round until you get to the final. You'd have some ranking system built in and stats you can view on peoples profiles and achievements.

I love 1 v 1 because it comes down to pure skill between the two players where as all the other modes feel crowded and no ones working as a team and it's annoying. I just wish that Epic would build on their features better. I personally find nothing more fun than when I used to play 1 v 1 with one shot kill railguns in Quake 3 I think it was. Knowing that you have to have 100% accuracy to kill them.

Just something I'd like to see for the future in another UT game or even UT3.

That's why we have ClanBase and similar services where you can challenge other players and schedule a match. In-build tournament/ladder doesn't make much sense, as for those things people usually use services like CB/ESL/UMG

Comment

Vehicle warfare/vctf are the only reason it's worth playing UT3 instead of QuakeLive

Comment

Originally posted by Ravemind View Post
        Vehicle warfare/vctf are the only reason it's worth playing UT3 instead of QuakeLive
        no

---------

Comment

Originally posted by Ravemind View Post
          Again no. No no nono no.
          QL feels dead in comparison to ut. Movement sux as do the weapons.

As for picking up games there are plenty of games and peole to play through irc, I'm just getting into it but have a search for irc channels to join.

Comment

I play both, but prefer UT3, much better. Close combat is simply much more fun with dodging, as opposed to hopping in QL. Some people mention that UT3 is slow on switching weapons... OMG, switching from Rail Gun (after firing) to, for example, RL takes AGES... It has to reload Rail and only then can you switch weapons

Comment

Working...
            X