Networking Commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Commands

I guess this would normally go into a Support thread, but this is kind of broad...

For starters, Im using Vista 64-bit.

I've been looking everywhere for commands to get a diagnostic of what network device an Unreal Game is detecting (R6V2, Borderlands, Killing Floor, etc.) and to no avail.

I'm trying to use Hamachi in conjunction with these games. I have followed nearly every tutorial I can find, from setting LAN to Public and Hamachi to Private, setting Hamachi as my main LAN device, etc. and every test I can do shows there isn't a problem with Hamachi itself.

I'm led to believe the Unreal based games themselves are not detecting the Hamachi Network adapter and are defaulting to my Internet & LAN.

So this is why I'm trying to get some sort of diagnostic command to show what device these games are detecting.

Here is my dxdiag.txt if it helps:
    http://textsave.de/?p=22581

Playing UT3 with Hamachi is possible.
    I did it some months ago.

Is the connection between you and your mate definitely stable?
    Does the ping command (in Hamachi) work?
    Once one of you has started the server, the other one should just open the console and do
    Code:
    open hamachi ip:port
    I did not do many things to get it work...

Cheers!

Comment

The ping command does work, everything is stable. What about games like R6V2, can you still use the same UT3 Commands?

Comment

No idea, it always depends on the game.
        For example, in Counter-Strike source it is
        Code:
        connect ip

However, sometimes Hamachi can be very troublesome.
        One day everything works and on the other day nothing works anymore...

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X