Domination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domination

I just discovered this gametype today. Why is no one playing it. I don't remenber it being in the tutorial either. It's pretty fun, and would probably be more fun with more than 4 bots and maybe actual players?

i no that gametype for a long time its a great gametype
    there are no servers for it
    THAT IS WHY

Comment

Well, that's always the problem with custom releases
      It's hard to make them as famous and popular as the official stuff.
      Most players are fully satisfied with the game as it is.
      Why installing a lot of GB custom stuff?
      (Not my thought, but maybe the thought of some guys.)

If Epic would officially release the Domination mod, it could be more famous than now.

P.S: But there are even official gamemodes which are almost dead. CTF^^

Cheers!

Comment

No one is playing it because no one is supporting it. Just like with Custom Warfare Maps.No Titan Maps etc. Its because ppl flock to the most populated servers (I am as guilty as anyone else I suppose).

The answer? No idea unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Aemi View Post
          I just discovered this gametype today. Why is no one playing it. I don't remenber it being in the tutorial either. It's pretty fun, and would probably be more fun with more than 4 bots and maybe actual players?
          As a general rule, in order for custom mods to be viable in most games, a large number of people need to play the game online, in general. My guess is that UT3 just doesn't have the online multiplayer counts to support Domination.

Domination is a lot of fun and it was a great game type in UT99 and there were even league ladders and competitive clans for it. However, even in UT99, of the four basic game types it seemed like the least-played game type or tied for last with Assault. I don't understand it because UT99 Domination was awesome, wild and crazy fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Aemi View Post
            Since it's a UT3 mod and UT3 has relatively few players, there just aren't enough people who would want to play it. Suppose that 1% of the players would play a custom mod--if you have 10,000 people who play regularly then that means that 100 people would be willing to play it, but since UT3's numbers are closer to 1000 (if that) then that leaves just 10 people so it will be almost impossible to fill a server.

DOMination was a standard game type for the original UT99 and it was a tremendous amount of fun. There were even competitive leagues and clans that played it. (I was in one of them.) However, for some reason it was one of the lesser played game types (with DM and CTF being the top games in UT99). It's too bad that UT99 style Domination wasn't included in UT3 as a standard game type--it wouldn't have been hard for them to program it. (It's just modified team death match and could even use the exact same maps.)

Comment

I really loved DOM back in UT.
              Ive also installed it several times to my UT3 servers, every single time server has gone fukzored, with all kinds of errors so i gave up :/ That might also be one explanation why theres so few (if any) DOM servers avail.

Comment

Working...
              X