Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kick voting

On a average server in the UT3 multiplayer section:
    can we vote for kicking out somebody (e.g. for bad behaviour) , or is this only possible for members of this clan-server?

How many percent have to vote "kick out" for fullfilling that task?

If also non-members can vote for it - which menu or what button is it?
    (can't find it)

An answer is much appriciated

You press escape, go to the scores tab, right click on the name of the person you wanna kick, and click "kick vote". If no such option appears when you right click, it's disabled by the server (or it's bugging out, Raptor has it on but sometimes the option won't appear). Being a clan member or whatever has no effect on this option appearing or not.

Comment

By the way, there is also another bug with the kick voting.
      (Oh, a bug, what a surprise^^).

When the Raptor server is full, you cannot vote kick the players who are at the bottom on the scorelist.
      (Also players who are a bit further up.)
      It's simply not possible.
      That's especially annoying because most times the players with 0 points are away from keyboard.
      You cannot even kick them!
      I'm not 100% sure if it also happens to 32P servers...

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
        By the way, there is also another bug with the kick voting.
        (Oh, a bug, what a surprise^^).

When the Raptor server is full, you cannot vote kick the players who are at the bottom on the scorelist.
        (Also players who are a bit further up.)
        It's simply not possible.
        That's especially annoying because most times the players with 0 points are away from keyboard.
        You cannot even kick them!
        I'm not 100% sure if it also happens to 32P servers...

Cheers!
        Actually, in the scores tab (not on the scores display brought up by F1) you can scroll with the mouse downwards and then click the right player.

Comment

what is the rate u need for votekick anyway?

is it like 50% as for map change?

i consider it as a useless feature, since u dont get enough votes. and most ppl dont even know how to do it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
            Actually, in the scores tab (not on the scores display brought up by F1) you can scroll with the mouse downwards and then click the right player.
            Yes, that is what I exactly did, and I was not able to vote kick the last player.
            (Or some players above him.)

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2 View Post
              i consider it as a useless feature, since u dont get enough votes. and most ppl dont even know how to do it anyway
              Though generally I'd guess it helps more to achieve this goal if you tell people how to do it instead of whining and moaning about how useless it is since not enough people will.

Comment

Look, I tried it some minutes ago:
                It was only a test, I don't have anything against this player.
                (I did not vote kick anyone.)
                If you would try to kick the player Malganiz, the kick "menu" would not select him, but another one.
                If you try to right click beneath Malganiz, you would get closer to him, but you would not select him anyway.
                [shot]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8991/ut32009110318154407.jpg[/shot][shot]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8974/ut32009110318154529.jpg[/shot]
                [shot]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7752/ut32009110318154690.jpg[/shot]

P.S. It was 16 vs 16 on the Raptor server.

Cheers!

Comment

Hmmm so actualy it s impossible to kick vote on raptor ...
                  And i think lot of pp don t care about kick voting. They just play and do what other do as sheep. On raptor it s u spawn kill? I spawn kill!! half of player are lamer on this server so.... There s no way i think

Comment

I regularly attempt to kick vote players who throw around false cheating accusations.

Comment

think it takes 2/3 for voting to work... most people don't vote so it never works. i believe it actually bans the person from the server... which should be a separate option.

Comment

Guys, thank you very much for all this informations.

Till now, I saw this menu only if I host a game (and there my only vote is enough).

But now I learned here, that some server do also provide this kick/ban option. And as Daquilla said, maybe with a two third majority.

Thanks to all of you

Comment

And as our little poll shows, kicking would be quiete popular if the server provides it and people would know how to do it

I hope its not equal banning - at least not after the first kicking.
                          That would be too rough.

A question concerning banning now:

Does a ban block only a players name (you can have many aliases) or does it block the players account with all his aliases?

Comment

Off-topic:
                            Switzerland I guess.

On-topic:
                            There are 2 ways of banning.
                            The 1st way just bans the player name.
                            It is not effective because the player could simply create a new account.
                            The 2nd way bans the player's hash.
                            (Hash = cd key.)
                            The player would need to use a new cd key to play on the server.
                            I don't know about IP banning.
                            However, this would only make sense if the player always has the same IP (static.)

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                            X