Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Best Mouse Settings of the Best UT3 Pro Gamers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Mouse Settings of the Best UT3 Pro Gamers

I would like to ask (only the really best !) UT3 gamers about their mouse setting.
    [with a ranking within the 500 best UT3-gamers of the world]

Question:

a) please write your rank and name in UT3 [I am under the best 500, under the best 400, under the best 300, .... ]

b) do you use mouse acceleration or mouse smoothing?

c) How many inch or centimeters you have to move your mouse, for looking one time fully around you (360 degree) ??

d) Would you tag yourself as a low-, middle- or high sense player ?

e) Are there situations where you change your mouse settings (dpi) during a match? Or between different UT-disciplines? --- If "yes" explain shortly in which direction you change it and why.

f) What discipline(s) do you play mainly?
    [DM, WARFARE, Team-DM, ..... ] {Choose one or more}

I'am sure many people around the world would like to read your answers and therefore to learn something from the Real Pros

All your answers are much appreciated

a. Rank means absolutely nothing, stats are completely worthless.

b. Mouse accel is bad if you ever want muscle memory to ever let you aim consistently well. Mouse smoothing is just as bad since it calculates the on screen pixels to the nearest one, making it less accurate.

c. I don't know, but not much.

d. High sens.

e. I would NEVER change my mouse sens from what I have it at. Muscle memory depends on keeping things constant, and changing it to play SuperkillersnipermanCTFFaceguy2004 who stands still with a zoomed Sniper and will still probably miss 70% of the time, isn't going to help.

f. Competitive CTF/TDM, and stupid pub dm.

BTW, there are no pro's that play UT3. Maybe hypno, but he doesn't post here.

Comment

! NOT APPLICABLE !
      Only 6 to 13 players playing UT3, depending on time!

Comment

Why does voting end you up in a completely different poll? Anyways...

a) Rank != skill, wasn't that FartsOfDog dude rank #1?

b) Nope

c) ~25cm

d) No, I'd tag myself as a ~25cm player (in 2 ways :P)

e) Nope

f) WAR

Comment

Sensitivity settings are really about what suits you, seeing what the "pros" use won't really tell you too much.
          But general useage from people I've played tend to go for fairly low sens. Personally I use an 1800dpi mouse with in game setting of 700 so about 25-30cm turn but different mice and what suits will change that for each person.
          Find what works and go with it.

Comment

Here are the tricks I know:

- Turn off windows mouse acceleration

- disable mouse smoothing

- Get a good mouse with super hi dpi settings (I use a G9 with 3200 dpi). Turn your dpi on your mouse all the way max. Polling all the way max. It will be hard to click on things in windows because your mouse is soo sensitive

- Inside unreal, change your mouse settings and set the number low (300-400)

Now you are actually getting the benefit of the increased hardware resolution in your mouse. It really helps with hitting those moving shock combos as you dive through the air. If you have a hard time hitting them, try setting the mouse settings in unreal even lower so the mouse moves a little slower. It will seem hard at first since you have to move your hand further than before you set it lower but it will improve your aim with time. It's also important to note that both dpi and unreal's mouse setting will be affected by the resolution you run, since to move the mouse across the screen you'd have to move over more pixels at higher resolution for the same hand movement.

Comment

Originally posted by fireball View Post

a) please write your rank and name in UT3 [I am under the best 500, under the best 400, under the best 300, .... ]
              Nightmare85
              Rank is <150 (custom), but I think it does not matter at all...
              (I was #10 once and I don't play more badly now - so you see the ranking system is a niggling thing.)
              Nothing of both.

c) How many inch or centimeters you have to move your mouse, for looking one time fully around you (360 degree) ??
              I need 6 cm for a 360° turn.

Not sure, I guess something between low and middle sense.

e) Are there situations where you change your mouse settings (dpi) during a match? Or between different UT-disciplines? --- If "yes" explain shortly in which direction you change it and why.
              Never, that would only cause entanglements in my opinion.
              However, if I would change them, I would do it for several maps:
              Example: War-Serenity - big map and a good overview.
              You don't need to turn yourself all the time.
              DM-Deck (or any other DM map):
              It is small and there are many ways.
              You must turn yourself quickly and always check where enemies are.
              Anyway, I don't change my sensitivity as I have already said.

[DM, WARFARE, Team-DM, ..... ] {Choose one or more}
              Warfare and vCTF.
              Sometimes BTA but only when some guys ask me.
              DM nearly never - if I can't find a good Warfare or vCTF server, but this happens almost never...

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
              d) No, I'd tag myself as a ~25cm player (in 2 ways :P)
              Dreamer :P

Cheers!

Comment

I would like to ask (only the really best !) UT3 gamers about their mouse setting.
                [with a ranking within the 500 best UT3-gamers of the world]

LOL ranking is not skill and i know that the 500 first are not the 500 real best player in ut3 . Best player play in private server and they don t care about ranking !

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                  c) ~25cm
                  whooooo demo u ve a slow sensibility ! I just need about 5-10 cm

Comment

as many people said, ranking doesnt mean anything, achievements in tournaments, cups whatever it's what it is about.

most people don't use mouse accel/smoothing cuz it's not real sens the faster you move the mouse the faster it goes, and that can be quite annoying.

in my case i have 43cm/360 but there's people with higher sens and they play very good with it.

no one changes dpi during the match, that's just a stupid marketing idea mouse creators had, most of these "gaming" features in nowadays mouse are just about marketing and the majority total nonsense. About the dpi's, all those 34230402dpi's mouse is kinda bull**** really, most of the competitive players use 400dpi and they play alright with it what's more important is your polling rate, instead of the 125hz default set it to 250,500 or 1000hz depending on what your mouse is capable of.

biggest tournaments UT had was duel, after TDM but didn't have half as duel had. UT3 iCTF had one big tournament but it was just because the organizer liked iCTF a lot, luckily for luxxiz and friends it was 30k one IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TDM tho

To clear out somestuff tho, there's no such thing as "pro-gaming" in UT3 atm, it was a very good and "pro" or "competitive" game in the beginning of it with many world reknown players playing but now it isn't in the pro circuit, the majority of leagues left it because the state it was released, beta. Now it's kinda too late. The only hardcore FPS with a lot of tournaments and stuff right now is quakelive.

Comment

a - atm <400 but i'm not sure (ELO rating sucks etc)

b - No

c - about 5 cm

d - High sense

e - No

f - Warfare

Comment

Question:

a) Rank doesn't mean **** unless you maybe play nothing but duel.

b) No

c) 20cm, I'd have it a bit higher but I lack the room. I use to have it at 10cm and my aim was much poorer even with projectile weapons. Doesn't make close quarters any harder, just means I have to be less lazy with moving my mouse.

d) No idea as I haven't a clue as to what other players use, so I can't measure myself on any kind of scale.

e) No. I did however use to change my FOV with my numpad keys but now I just stick to 90fov.

WarFare and a bit of BTA. Will venture into other game times from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by panz3rfaust View Post
                          a - atm <400 but i'm not sure (ELO rating sucks etc)
                          Elo (actually not ELO as it's the name of the creator and not an acronym) works (and was designed for) 1on1:s. It only sucks cuz in many vs many the situations are never truly 1on1, but the ratings are affected as if they were.

Comment

Rank is useless, you want to figure out if you are better than me than just play me .
                            No and No both will ruin your aim. Consistency is the key at getting better. You want movement to be based solely on movement, not speed. So when you move the mouse 2.5cm its a 180 degree turn no matter how fast you moved it.
                            I have turned my sensitivity down recently its now about 5cm/360
                            Based on others sens this is usually on the high end of the spectrum.
                            Never, same reason as the smoothing and acceleration. I rebind those keys to page up and page down while keeping the sensitivity maxed on the mouse at all times.
                            DM, TDM, Duel in UT3. In ut2004 mainly iCTF (there was no lasting iCTF community in UT3 ) DM and TAM

Comment

Originally posted by hypno View Post
                              in my case i have 43cm/360 but there's people with higher sens and they play very good with it.
                              43 cm/360°??
                              That sounds like a world record^^

----------

BTW:
                              I wrote that I guess I'm a slow-mid senser.
                              Well, I think mid-high is correct, yet.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X