Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denying an own Redeemer!?

Hey guys,
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned so far.
    It happened 2 times to me.
    The first time I thought it was pure accident and someone else denied it.
    Today I fired a Redeemer to the enemy core on Confrontation.
    While the Redeemer was going to the core, I was shooting with the Link Gun.
    "Denied!"
    No any other shoots than mines.
    Okay, then I thought: "There must be a logical solution."
    I tried it offline and the conclusion is:
    You can deny your own Redeemer missile with every weapon.
    But why?
    You cannot even destroy your own Avrils, which can be shot down as well.
    (However, not by you but by others.)

Has this always been the case or does it belong to the special patch 2.0/2.1 "features"?

Cheers!

Believe it has always been the case. Not certain though.

Comment

my favourite is killing someone with a denied deemer and killing yourself with your own deemer which got denied right in your face...

Comment

LOL sure u can i ve already make it for fun offline

Comment

Well but as said:
          Very dumb in my opinion.
          But okay, UT3 is known for illogical things...

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
            Well but as said:
            Very dumb in my opinion.
            But okay, UT3 is known for illogical things...

Cheers!
            it s kinda fun no? a bit idiot yes but i enjoy denied my own avril with snipe

Comment

Originally posted by Pemphigus View Post
              Aren't shock combos enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Pemphigus View Post
                Does not work for me - I cannot shoot down my own Avrils.
                Except they hit me.

That's why I call it illogical.
                Shooting down an own Redeemer: possible.
                Shooting down an own Avril: not possible.

Cheers!

Comment

there are separate codes for each weapon . i think the code lines say that if the missle gets hit by any projectile(it's hitbox gets hit i mean), it get's denied, maybe they just didnt bother to add the lines to prevent it from getting denied by a shot from the player that initially shot the redeemer, or they fogot to, or they had a very logical reason for doing it...actually no, that's impossible.

Comment

Well in instant action I like to shoot around 5 redeemer missles in random directions using the 'loaded' command and try to shoot them all down before they can leave the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                      Shooting down an own Avril: not possible.

Cheers!
                      Seriously?? i thought i ve already make it so ty night

Comment

Originally posted by r4du1234 View Post
                        there are separate codes for each weapon . i think the code lines say that if the missle gets hit by any projectile(it's hitbox gets hit i mean), it get's denied, maybe they just didnt bother to add the lines to prevent it from getting denied by a shot from the player that initially shot the redeemer, or they fogot to, or they had a very logical reason for doing it...actually no, that's impossible.
                        If that were the case then you would deny the deemer of your teammate. Is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
                          If that were the case then you would deny the deemer of your teammate. Is that possible?
                          This isn't possible. I always wave my link sec across a passing deemer to be on the safe side, and not once have I ****ed this up for a teammate.

Comment

hmm, yeah that isn't possible, i shoot at every deemer as well and it happened to not deny some even though i cought them in a combo.

then maybe the code is made so that the ppl that can be affected by it can also deny it. maybe they used the same function that calculates who can be hit by a deemer for the ones that can deny it. or maybe they just forgot to make it impossible for you to deny your deemer. i don't see any bad implications so it doesn't create problems does it ?

Comment

Originally posted by r4du1234 View Post
                              i don't see any bad implications so it doesn't create problems does it ?
                              Sure it does.
                              Situation 1:
                              You are on the highest point of Torlan and shoot a Redeemer towards the enemy Node.
                              While your Redeemer is flying there, you are shooting with your Raptor the Node and enemies.
                              It can happen that you hit your Redeemer -> Denied!

Situation 2:
                              You are on Confrontation in front of the enemy core (however, on the ridge which is backwards to the turret - you know what I mean.)
                              You shoot a Redeemer and while it is flying towards the core, you are shooting the core with a Link Gun or any other weapon.
                              Believe me, it happens more quickly than you think -> Denied!

Most times players use the alternative fire when firing a Redeemer.
                              I do this as well.
                              However, sometimes it is not possible.
                              Especially when it's a stolen Redeemer (enemy base on Confrontation) and when things must happen quickly.
                              Then there is no time...

About shooting an own Avril:
                              I have already said it is not possible but it reminds me of a funny situation.
                              Serenity: Demoniac and me were near the Redeemer spawn zone.
                              An enemy Manta came and we both shot Avrils.
                              However, our Avrils hit themselves and the Manta was untouched
                              My Avril came from the left side and Demoniac's came from the right side.
                              It looked pretty funny.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X