Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install UT3 on PC and notebook, using 1 disk = possible?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Install UT3 on PC and notebook, using 1 disk = possible?

    Hi,
    I was wondering if it is possible/allowed to install UT3 on my computer and my notebook, using 1 ut3 disc...
    Please let me know

    QUESTION ANSWERED: installation=yes, online play=no

    #2
    Yup! What's not possible, however, is to play online from both those machines using just 1 CD key. For that, you'd need to buy another license.

    Comment


      #3
      You can however play lan, or a local connection. Say if you have a friend over or something

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by demoniac View Post
        Yup! What's not possible, however, is to play online from both those machines using just 1 CD key. For that, you'd need to buy another license.
        damnit
        i already though that would be the case...
        thanks for the reply though

        @Infra: yeah i know

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by demoniac View Post
          Yup! What's not possible, however, is to play online from both those machines using just 1 CD key. For that, you'd need to buy another license.
          oh btw: does that mean you cant play at the same time, or that you cant play on both machines seperately as soon as the 2nd is installed?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by demoniac View Post
            Yup! What's not possible, however, is to play online from both those machines using just 1 CD key. For that, you'd need to buy another license.
            This is probably incorrect. If both machines are behind a home router, and that router is doing NAT (which on a home LAN is true 99% of the time) then both machines should be able to use the same CD key simultaneously without any problems.

            At least, this was the case for UT2004. The only factor that might change this for UT3 is the gamespy login system.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Coreper View Post
              oh btw: does that mean you cant play at the same time, or that you cant play on both machines seperately as soon as the 2nd is installed?
              Just means you can't play at the same time online, you can alternate between them as much as you want.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                Just means you can't play at the same time online, you can alternate between them as much as you want.
                hmm, thats good news!
                that means i can use my UT3 disc on my computer and on my notebook
                thanks for the help guys

                Comment


                  #9
                  We have managed to get two online on our network from the one CD key. However if both try to go on the same server it falls apart.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
                    This is probably incorrect. If both machines are behind a home router, and that router is doing NAT (which on a home LAN is true 99% of the time) then both machines should be able to use the same CD key simultaneously without any problems.

                    At least, this was the case for UT2004. The only factor that might change this for UT3 is the gamespy login system.
                    It is, however, not incorrect :P

                    Remember duplicate login? People get that even with 1 concurrent login xD It has nothing to do with what IP the server sees you on. Two clients cannot be connected with the same key at the same time.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
                      This is probably incorrect. If both machines are behind a home router, and that router is doing NAT (which on a home LAN is true 99% of the time) then both machines should be able to use the same CD key simultaneously without any problems.
                      What?
                      The cd key and the IP are the same, yes, but there are 2 usernames.
                      2 usernames with 1 key cannot be possible.
                      (At least not the same time!)

                      Cheers!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X