Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much gameplay would you expect from a $15 game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much gameplay would you expect from a $15 game?

Just an informal poll for some research. For a strictly single player FPS similar to Mirror's Edge or Portal (no multiplayer at all), how many hours of gameplay would you expect for $15?

For £10 I'd expect something around the length of Portal (I don't time my playing so I can't comment on how many hours that is) if it had a story in the manner that Portal does (or one that is more present). If it was something that was a random selection of puzzles just for the sake of it I'd expect lots and lots and lots of puzzles for £10 or one hell of a unique gameplay idea that was very well implemented.

Comment

More (Explain)

Less than ten hours for a solely single player first-person shooter experience is weak, unless it's your second play-through and you're rushing ala RtcWolfenstein, Half-Life. Considering you can pick up legendary older FPS's from £5 to £10... I wouldn't waste money on something new with less. Meh, you can grab Doom3, BioShock for less than a tenner these days. Prices for pre-owned games drop sharply and it's pretty cool.

You should have removed the 'S' from the question. Mirror's Edge and Portal are FP... uh... FPPuzzlers. FPGimmicks. FPQuirks. FPExperiences. Or something. IMO. I didn't rate Mirror's Edge at all, but enjoyed Portal... would never have played or paid for it if it wasn't on the Orange Box though. Factor in it's worth on total cost of the box with the longer more worthy games of HL2 + Episodes, and me thinks it's less than a tenner.

Comment

More than 10.

I wouldn't pay a single penny for less time.

Comment

For £10/15 Mirrors Edge length would be nice. Depending the quality of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
            Depending the quality of the game.
            The quality matters a lot.The replayability too.

Addictive gameplay is what it matters the most though imo.Less hours of gameplay or not the best graphics ,i wont mind much.

The "no multiplayer" though ,is bad. These days ,multiplayer is a must in 1st person shooters.

Comment

I think L4D was overpriced for what it is, although I never really got into the multiplayer. I got Bioshock and Dead space for around $15 each, both were good-especially DS, probably worth full price, but both are so linear, they have little replayability. Quite a few studios will be watching upcoming FPS Shattered Horizon, it has no single player and is quite a bit cheaper as a result, it's multiplayer only and only available by download -maybe this might be PC UT's future?

Comment

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
                The quality matters a lot.The replayability too.

these days ,multiplayer is a must in 1st person shooters.
                Sure u ll not make the campeign again and again!

Comment

I voted for more.

Unique levels should give 4-5 hours, less than that no matter on price is just too short, this would annoy me if its good game and i would want more. This for me is same to drinking beer, one zip just annoys me no matter how cheap it was, there is always minimal amount needed to get that happy smile.

But I voted for more because this is kind of logic puzzles game, if possible it should offer replayability or few really hard challenges with last one almost impossible. But those should be marked as extra and not needed to "finish" game. Maybe some kind of survival challenge something that allows to play more on finished levels.

Comment

Working...
                  X