Bot difficulties!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bot difficulties!!!

The topic that should always be administered in any forum. Now, I wrote at one point about hosting my own matches. I am completely aware of how people feel about the whole ping thing. I don't, honestly, know how much it matters any way.

Any way, I want to know how everyone feels about bot difficulties. I myself am trying to work my way up to godlike...so, yeah. Since I purchased my UT3 copy I hadn't really played in a while so, I started out on adept just to get warmed up and back into the brutality of what we all know as Unreal Tournament 3.

When hosting my games now, I put the bot difficulty settings on masterful! I am sure there are some of you who probably think, "Wow, I play on godlike. What a noob!" Lol, maybe not, but if you are masterful is really hard and I have seen players quit just because of that. Not to mention, my kills are 7-8 times out of 10 positive!

So, just participate in the poll and feel free to post a comment in this thread. I would love to hear everyone's opinions.

Well, I play with real people, too! I just want to know what your difficulty setting is. I like having harder bots in the mix because it makes it even more challenging! Its good to have people, too. But, when you have those bots even with just the best players, you have a real challenge.

If theres many bots then masterful
    maybe 3 or less then Godlike.
    But only use bots to test custom maps on instant action actually.

So I vote between them for inhuman

Comment

I play with real people. They are unpredictable and harder than any bot. Not all of them of course, but some. That's the beauty of playing against living people. You get all skill levels.

Comment

LOL, i play like a bot i get alot of downs everyone steals my kills and i die alot
        <
        <
        aaaaaahhhhh yyyeeeaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!! senior member in da house

Comment

lol im a bit cruel i guess, but it cracks me up watching novice bots pwn my 18 month old daughter when she insists on taking daddy's UT off him. One day she'll kill one and ill have to be proud of her for it lmao

Comment

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
            lol im a bit cruel i guess, but it cracks me up watching novice bots pwn my 18 month old daughter when she insists on taking daddy's UT off him. One day she'll kill one and ill have to be proud of her for it lmao
            novice bots are no match for my 7 year old daughter. she likes to drive vehicles mostly...

Comment

lol rek, someone should really teach those novice bots to look both ways before crossing the road Miss 8 here plays skilled bots if she plays on our LAN. Thats as much as were willing to dumb it down for her. These days she even gets the odd kill against human players if theyre silly enough to go easy on her, as her mum doesnt lol. If shes playing alone she tends to play greed with as many novice bots as UT3 will let her... lol

Comment

If im playing instant action i will play with the max amount of bots and play on masterful. Now if im playing online and I dont have anyone i know of coming into my game I will leave it at that, but if i know for sure that i will have atleast 3 humans in there i will go up to inhuman. I played last night for about an hour against 2 bots on godlike and I was one kill from winning, but what made it bad was i had 29 kills to 35 deaths, but hey it is what it is. As far as your rocket post goes, I try to replace rockets with sniper rifles. Last night i played with a few people on live and we used nothing but enforcers and sniper rifles for 3 games in a row and it was good fun, especially since we played to 60 kills. - The Spree Ender - otherwise known as Davepeterz!~

Comment

i play instant action a lot, so godlike. I don't really play online. There's really no point in UT3, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                    I play with real people. They are unpredictable and harder than any bot. Not all of them of course, but some. That's the beauty of playing against living people. You get all skill levels.
                    Indeed.

At least online, the players can be challenging.

Comment

hmmmm so long time i didn t play with bot :P i can t answer o this question because i play all the time online

Comment

I dont play with bots. They suck way too much. real players ftw!

Comment

This poll should have a "I prefer to play with humans" option.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                            This poll should have a "I prefer to play with humans" option.
                            1point for demo

Comment

lol... spooky, when I clicked Vote I got whisked to an UT 2004 thread about the turning speed of Mantas'!

bots are good for training... but nothing beats a player who is better than you.

Comment

Working...
                              X