Do skins affect accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do skins affect accuracy?

Apologies if this has been addressed before or is common knowledge.

If you play in a smaller skin such as a droid - are you actually harder to hit (being visually smaller) or are all the skins balanced to take this into account?

Thanks

No, of course the hitboxes are equal otherwise everyone would choose lauren

Comment

I think the hitoxes are the same!
      Some of the wannabe-pro gamers only use women because they have smaller proportions.
      However, I'm sure I read some months ago that the hitboxes are similar.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Worth View Post
        If you play in a smaller skin such as a droid - are you actually harder to hit (being visually smaller) or are all the skins balanced to take this into account?
        Actually when you play with the robot skin it doesn't make you harder to hit, it makes it easier to hit others.

Comment

Some skins are Uber hard to see, especially in darker maps. Other than that, pretty sure it's the same.

Comment

It's an optical illusion... it has been discussed in UT99 and it's true that if you choose a female skin or any thin skin you'll be harder to be seen/hit... not physically but visually as you said.

Comment

Tiny Terminator FTW!!!!! Wah!

Comment

Surely the Krall have their headshot hitbox placed differently?

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                  Tiny Terminator FTW!!!!! Wah!
                  Though people will see the holy Demoguy more often

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                    Surely the Krall have their headshot hitbox placed differently?
                    Nope.

Hitboxes are not just similar, they are identical for all player models, regardless of how little sense they make compared to the actual model (see: Nali Warcow of UT99, wherein you had to shoot far from the head to get a headshot).

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                      Nope.

Hitboxes are not just similar, they are identical for all player models, regardless of how little sense they make compared to the actual model (see: Nali Warcow of UT99, wherein you had to shoot far from the head to get a headshot).
                      Nope, the head-shot is based on the head bone in ut2004 and ut3 AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                        Nope, the head-shot is based on the head bone in ut2004 and ut3 AFAIK
                        If the implication behind this is that the head hitboxes are at different heights for different models, then I call shenanigans on game balance. If someone is a krall, but I see them as demoguy, where do I have to aim? Either answer is unfair -- if I have to aim at the level of the krall head, how would I know that he's krall? And if I don't, then I may have an easier time hitting him then people who see him as krall. And what if someone were to make some goofy model where the head is at knee-level? I find this hard to believe.

Comment

In the settings, if you do not tick "Allow custom characters", then all online players look the same.

Am I the only one who does this?

Comment

In ut2k4 i had forced all characters to look as Gorge.Couldn't do it in ut3 though.Tried in some servers via utcomp but it didn't worked for me.

Hit boxes are the same but small size characters can fool the eye.

Force a skin for all players should have been an option for all.Anything but the demoguy though. Worse skin ever made.

Comment

Krall's eyes are level with the very bottom of the headshot hitbox, I'm pretty sure

So shooting them in the mouth doesn't work, aim for the hunchback.

Also anyone who plays Necris over Krall is a loser :P

Comment

Working...
                              X