This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox bashing?

I know you PC gamers love to bash console gamers. What is the purpose, though? I played one of the Unreals on PC. I think it was 2004 maybe. But, I loved the PC version so much better! I am not even going to lie! I bought the PC version of UT3 for PC before my xbox. At that point I didn't even have a 360 and unfortunately my gf's supposed gaming laptop wouldn't run my beloved UT3 PC version.

I'm just trying to figure out why PC gamers feel the need to bash on console gamers. Its really not fair. I cannot afford a decent gaming rig! A decent rig that will run UT3 is 600 dollars or more. Even then, that system may not even last due to all of the cheap parts that may be installed in it.

I saved at least a good 300 dollars by getting an Xbox 360 and now I have haters like yourgodmaker911 bashing me and telling me I need to earn a 1v1 with him! What kind of **** is that! I do take gaming pretty serious but I get to play a game that is very decent that I have played for a little over 4 years (have known about it for at least 8 or 9.) and enjoy so much. I dont need some computer nerd to bash me when I am perfectly content with what I can afford right now.

So, the next time some PC nerd feels the need to talk trash just because I own a console, remember this, I would much rather play on the PC! So, with that off of my chest feel free to put out some criticism.

Umm... you only have like 10 posts and I really don't see anyone bashing you. You seem like you are just asking for trouble.

Comment

Lolz. Not in the forums.

I am not asking for any trouble. Lol. I have noticed that there is bashing that takes place. I have been criticized for having a console and not a PC while online on my console. And, I know I only have 10 posts. I just signed up like friday I think.

My concern isn't from being in forums. I just have noticed a lot of PC gamers do bash console gamers. I understand that there are people who chose a console over PC but, I just wanted to put it out there that I have seen it and I have fallen "victim" to this bashing by some ignorant PC nerd.

I'm not torn up about it. I just want to know what the other PC gamers feel about it and I also want the vindictive PC gamers to understand that I play the consoles, not by choice, but rather, if I want to play some of my favorite games I do so on a console because that's all I can afford at the moment.

I'm certainly not asking for any trouble! Just want to help people understand whats going on I guess.
      Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
      Umm... you only have like 10 posts and I really don't see anyone bashing you. You seem like you are just asking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by SATANIKWARMASTR View Post
        I'm just trying to figure out why PC gamers feel the need to bash on console gamers. Its really not fair. I cannot afford a decent gaming rig! A decent rig that will run UT3 is 600 dollars or more. Even then, that system may not even last due to all of the cheap parts that may be installed in it.
        Not really true. The price tag is, but not the cheap parts part. I built my system for $624 three years ago with UT3 in mind with quality parts and have not had a single hardware failure or stutter in that time. My system is not the only one. It's all about luck of not getting defective hardware shipped to your door.

I saved at least a good 300 dollars by getting an Xbox 360 and now I have haters like yourgodmaker911 bashing me and telling me I need to earn a 1v1 with him! What kind of **** is that! I do take gaming pretty serious but I get to play a game that is very decent that I have played for a little over 4 years (have known about it for at least 8 or 9.) and enjoy so much. I dont need some computer nerd to bash me when I am perfectly content with what I can afford right now.
        The PC community is bitter towards consoles because they've been playing online for decades (through the entire time when it was not cool if you knew how to do it) and suddenly consoles with massive networking capabilities show up and start dominating the market and development time.

In the view of a good portion of PC users the people who don't care how a computer works or care to go beyond Facebook are the targeted demographic for video games now. And there's plenty who do not like that and the many war FPS sequels it spawned.

Comment

PC players harbor angst due to the fact that consoles have been causing a decline in PC gaming. We look back on the golden age of PC gaming -- circa the year 2000 -- and wish things can go back to the way they were before consoles started taking attention and players away from the PC.

It's unfair to take out that angst on console players, but it nonetheless happens.

Comment

Working...
          X