Would this work on my computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this work on my computer?

Greetings fellow Unrealist Tournamentists!
    Long time UT fan here -atleast a huge fan of the first UT game.

Question #1
    I was wondering if UT3 would work on my computer;

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ 2.8ghz
    Memory: 4gb RAM
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

What graphical setting would I be able to play this game in?
    Low, Medium or High settings?

Question #2
    Is UT3 userfriendly when it comes to making models?
    Eg. is it easy to make them work like just inserting them or is it something you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out?
    Which program does UT3 like the most? 3DS Max, Maya? Or are any fine? Blender?

I don't mean the actual crafting of them (that part I know is hard), but the insertion.

Just out of curiosity you see :P

i am on vista 32x
    athlon 5200 (dual 2.7)
    nvidia 8500gt.

you shpould run better than me, happily...

Comment

I think you should be able to play it on medium settings with 1024*768 and maybe even
      with 1280*1024, but don't think you can turn all the graphics up to highest possible

Comment

You have higher slightly specs than me (but double the ram), so yes.

Exporter plug-ins only exist for Maya and 3Dmax I believe. I'm a blender user myself... When I had a go I used Blender to model and then exported it to max for rigging and exporting.
        Importing a model is tricky but not rocket science. I did it (although it looked ****), so I assume any one could do it with even patience.
        There's some tutorials out there however I deleted them from my book-marks long ago. Could be worth asking in the modding section of the forums http://utforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=335

Comment

Yes you can run that on high but not highest all my setting are maxed out.

My games seem to run very well for a computer being 3 years old.

Cpu: Intel CoreDuo 6420 2.13-2.66Ghz (2130-2600Mhz) Dualcore
          Ram: 3.GB
          OS Windows: XP 32bit
          Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB Great card and fast.

Comment

Thanks for all the answers!
            Then I think I'll be getting this game as soon as I get money on my bank this month ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Zeithri View Post
              Thanks for all the answers!
              Then I think I'll be getting this game as soon as I get money on my bank this month ^^
              Cool Welcome to the Community

Comment

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

This is a known good site, no malware/popups/etc, will test your pc. By the way, game is only 12 usd now, see you there!

Comment

Thanks.
                  I think the game was for like 9€ on Steam (which is where I'll be getting it through).

Comment

Just turn textures/model detail up high, turn off bloom/AA, leave any slider you're unsure about on medium, consult some optimization guides about which settings will give you the most fps boost if you're not still running smoothly (because anything below 60 really isn't acceptable in an FPS), and you should be able to have the game look awesome even with a low-end card. Hell, I managed to do pretty good with a core 2 duo 6400 cpu and a nvidia 7400 card for a long time before I upgraded to GTX 260 which runs everything maxed out fine

Comment

Working...
                    X