The d/c - reconnect prob .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The d/c - reconnect prob .

After i changed from nvidia to ati (..and the 4890 is a great vga) i started to have one crash after another(patch 2.0+).I found out that with vsync off (in game n in ati's panel-downside is that i play with tearing that suxxx) i have less crashes...BUT...i still have 'em.

When i do ,i just cant reconnect to the server i was in.I see me in the player list n if i cant find an admin to kick me ,i have to w8 till map change most of the times.Many other players have this too.

I hate it when it happens in pubs but when i play pugs or clan games its the worse i can do to my team/clan.

I hope 4 a patch (solving many other probs) or a fix(..at least).

PS In my net connections i still see me connected with ut3 after the crash.A router reboot might close the ut3 connections but i still see me in the server n cant reconnect.

Its plain stupid to ask the admins to kick you,just to be able to play.

why would u cahngeto ati, stay with nvidia, always!

Comment

Originally posted by unreal_man View Post
      Ati was better than the nvidia at the same cost(as i said its a great vga ).A game optimized for nvidia doesnt mean it wont play with ati.

Comment

The d/c problem is annoying. The fact the coient d/c's but the server doesn't notice it is stupid. Causes more problems then it should. Beacsue it should't cause any..

Comment

Originally posted by DrUnKenSTeiN View Post
          Ati was better than the nvidia at the same cost(as i said its a great vga ).A game optimized for nvidia doesnt mean it wont play with ati.
          Once you factor in drivers, ATI always ends up on the bottom. :/

As far as disconnect/reconnect problems, the only time I've seen what you are describing is when my router would lose the connection. Try another router, and/or ethernet cable.

Comment

It's not a routing or cable problem.

It's some kind of netcode problem. They worked on the netcode around patch 2.0-2.1 so I think they screwed something up because it didn't use to do this.

Anyway, it is somewhat of a big problem. Happens to me but I can kick myself and rejoin. I have had a lot of players comment that they have experienced this problem. They can't rejoin until the server changes maps.

Comment

o_O dru i ve the same cuard as u and i crashed all the time at the start...
              I reinstall my system many times but now i ve no more problem with it(it was not well installed but it worked and i had low fps and many crash system)
              Good luck!

Comment

It's not a vga, cable, router or any of that kind. If you crash or lose connection it takes a while for you to actually leave the server. When you are not in a server, but you are shown in it via the server browser, it is known as 'ghosting'. You will not be able to join the server because of your 'ghost'. It has nothing to do with any outside sources, except for maybe what causes the crash. This happens in just about everything (IRC, Ventrilo, or anything that limits you to one IP/CD key). The quickest thing to do is to kick the ghost when it comes to UT3.

Comment

At least 3 guys had it tonite(crash n couldnt rejoin the server) in the 1-2 hours i was playing(thank god it wasn't me).

Still i left the server i was and at this very moment i'm prolly in the raptor warfare server myself.No admins there to get kicked.

This just suxx._

Comment

While you're right Hojunhu, IRC, Ventrilo etc. have sane timeouts for ghosts, not 10 or 20 mins like UT3. Even UT3 had like 1 min or so timeout till 2.0 or 2.1. It's only after those patches that the ghost stays on for ever and ever.

Comment

Yup, the disconnects are a problem, I had issues with them when I found an instability with my overclock. Funny thing too, it was just a simple tweak of the GTL clock to get rid of my crashes in UT3, everything else passed 24+ hours of stress testing.

I'd also take a look at the driver settings Drunkenstein, see if there are some changes you can make in the driver that lessen or get rid of the crashes. Also if you changed any overclocking settings after the video card, that could be what's going on.

Still an issue with the new patch though that seems to keep you connected when you crash out. You'd think the server would send out a "keepalive" packet or something every 60 seconds. No response from the client, remove the player from the game and life would be good. Can cause an issue in game if you've got a fairly full server and 2 people crash out on one team, no one can join in their place and they can't come back till the next map..

Comment

Originally posted by HaTaX View Post
                        Yup, the disconnects are a problem, I had issues with them when I found an instability with my overclock. Funny thing too, it was just a simple tweak of the GTL clock to get rid of my crashes in UT3, everything else passed 24+ hours of stress testing.

I'd also take a look at the driver settings Drunkenstein, see if there are some changes you can make in the driver that lessen or get rid of the crashes. Also if you changed any overclocking settings after the video card, that could be what's going on.

Still an issue with the new patch though that seems to keep you connected when you crash out. You'd think the server would send out a "keepalive" packet or something every 60 seconds. No response from the client, remove the player from the game and life would be good. Can cause an issue in game if you've got a fairly full server and 2 people crash out on one team, no one can join in their place and they can't come back till the next map..
                        Usually i had the crashes while playing,in changing views from 1st person to 3rd person(a death or entering a vehicle).Playing with vsync disabled solved it(...**** tearing suxx though). Now i get to crash the 1st sec i enter a server.I hear the sounds n just before the map loading screen is about to go ,i crash in the desktop.I checked drivers and i have not o/c'd my vga.Btw i get crashes only in warfare n not in bta servers.

Anyway the ghost in the server isnt just my problem.1sec of power d/c ,a crash etc can get u out of a server.If this server is the only one warfare ,without Titans, what should i do?

Some modder pls add some funny lil' puzzle games in the broweser window to pass my time w8ing for the map change .

Epic its that hard for this to be fixed?(..not my crashes but the ghost prob).

www.ghostbusters.com wont work .

Comment

The ghost prob still exists. I think many other threads mention it as well.

Now that we are even less players than the time i started the thread its even worse. Some servers have no admins , popular servers , and sometimes its too late to call an admin(playing late hours i mean).

For example: 5vs5 bta : 2 players crash or d/c from the red team , its 3vs5 after this happens and 2-3 specs w8 to play.SUXX.

Is a fix so hard to do?

Comment

Originally posted by unreal_man View Post
                            Not really (unless you are a fanboy). Always go with best price/performance. My last Nvidia card (GTX280) died because of Nvidia's flawed manufacturing process.

Quite PO'd and looking for a new ATI at some point.

Comment

Working...
                            X