Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider Mines and crashing players..

WTF is up with this?

This has happened in the past but only ever since the 2.0 Patch. As far as i know only happens on WAR-Valley but i can't think of any other warfare maps with a Spider Mine deployable. (no not a failshade)

Anyway what happens is players will have their game crash out instantly, except it only happens to some, it seems to vary who it affects.

It's always as soon as a spider jumps at you, not if they're running around and you can destroy them, you dont even get to die you just bloody crash.

I would post a log but i can't because the log rewrites everytime you reload the game. And as i had to rejoin the game SIX times because of crashes, some information on why another thing is now so bugged that wasn't before?

It not only spoils the fun in games but i have to not only kick myself from the server through webadmin because of another bug. PLAYERS DO NOT LAG OUT. I also have to end up kicking everyone else who crashes.

PLZCANHAZFIX?

Try on Dusk, there's a deployable spidermine behind the rocks by the countdown node (left if you stand there and face back towards center, or just set hud for special ops). Don't have this problem myself on valley, have the map installed though... do you? Good Luck.

Comment

dusk has spider mines and a countdown? what? WAH!!!!!!!!!

BeachFront has a deployable mine i believe...

haven't experience this or heard of it happening to anyone before

Comment

My bad..... Synapse. Not stock, but on the fn warfare ladder list, like valley is. Beachfront has one on top of the rocks between the underwater prime and the middle of the ground, jumpboots are the easiest way to get it. Wah!

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615111

Comment

Confrontation has one of those deployables. I've never heard of anyone crashing on this either. Corrupted file somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
            Don't have this problem myself on valley, have the map installed though... do you? .
            He made the map actually .I will roflol if he doesnt have it installed.

Comment

......Rofl.

Comment

meh, ive hated spider mines since they started putting them in DM's lol

Comment

This reminded me of a really funny screenshot I saw:
                  [shot]http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6754/lmaoamoamamoa.jpg[/shot]
                  [shot]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6263/gasggewagew21.jpg[/shot]
                  LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Superking17 View Post

LOL!
                    I can imagine him running around after active spiders trying to capture them...

Never had this crash problem myself or heard of it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Superking17 View Post
                      [shot]http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6754/lmaoamoamamoa.jpg[/shot]
                      [shot]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6263/gasggewagew21.jpg[/shot]
                      LOL!
                      omg!
                      how much is to buy spider mines? > how do i become manta?

Comment

Ok, so you're obviously playing online when it happens... is the server running the most current version of the map? Other than that, I got nothing. Good Luck though!
                        Also, it's hilarious how people playing other games have to pay for extras. Some even have a subscription fee! Pfffffftttttt to that. Plus, what then.... the guy with loot gets a machine gun, and everyone else has an enforcer? Pfffffftttttt to that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                          WTF is up with this?

This has happened in the past but only ever since the 2.0 Patch. As far as i know only happens on WAR-Valley but i can't think of any other warfare maps with a Spider Mine deployable. (no not a failshade)

Anyway what happens is players will have their game crash out instantly, except it only happens to some, it seems to vary who it affects.

It's always as soon as a spider jumps at you, not if they're running around and you can destroy them, you dont even get to die you just bloody crash.

I would post a log but i can't because the log rewrites everytime you reload the game. And as i had to rejoin the game SIX times because of crashes, some information on why another thing is now so bugged that wasn't before?

It not only spoils the fun in games but i have to not only kick myself from the server through webadmin because of another bug. PLAYERS DO NOT LAG OUT. I also have to end up kicking everyone else who crashes.

PLZCANHAZFIX?
                          Log files usually get copied to Launch_2.log if there's a crash. Also, why don't you check the log immediately after it crashes instead of reloading the game?

Another idea would be to check the graphic cards/driver versions of the people experiencing the crash. It would be very helpful if we can narrow it down to, say, ATI cards running driver x.x

The timing out of a disconnected player seems to have been broken from Patch 2.1 or Patch 2.0. Now it doesn't seem to do it unless there's a map change and people can't rejoin the game after they crash or their internet goes down unless they're kicked.

I rather wish they had fixed more issues and bugs and added stuff like ingame server browser etc. instead of wasting resources on the whole Titan pack thingy. Might not be still too late for another patch, but the game is going down quick.

Comment

Yes i have the map, i did make it The server has been running it since the day it was released and there has only ever been one version of it for the PC.

I wasn't checking log files and i was kicking all those who had crashed each time because it was during a pickup. aka why it was **** annoying.

It didn't get anything in launch2 that seems to always end up with my editor logs and launch.log gets the game.

Ill probably have to test it and see what happens but im slack.

Comment

Hmmm happens to me sometimes at some spots in vCTF-Sandstorm

Comment

Working...
                              X