No announcement yet.

Double Dodge Jumps in UT4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For any who are unaware, in the previous iteration of UT (UT2kX), you could dodge-jump without jump boots. Dodge in any direction, then hit jump, and you'll soar through the air, covering a fairly large distance in a short amount of time. This is why UT2kX maps were so much larger than UT3 maps, and why projectile weapons were rendered near useless (since you could very easily evade any kind of splash damage by dodge-jumping away).

I voted no. I like wall-dodging, but I don't like the dodge-jump sans boots.

Comment

Originally posted by SC`Zombie View Post
      How about you don't vote and you stfu?
      lol I didn't mean it like that.... it's just that it depends on the game if it should contain double dodge jumps or not. It worked perfect in UT2k4, but I don't really miss it in UT3..

Comment

Well, I never really missed it either in UT3 either, but it was perfect for the 2K4 style of gaming. UT3 style of jumps and movement make great scaled maps, and is perfect for dueling imo.

Comment

I don't like dodge-jump for indoors, while I do for open maps

About the poll I'm not sure. UT doesn't have it and is considered more fun and popular than UT3; UT2004 has DJ and is considered more fun and popular; bringing back the "correct" UT gameplay killed UT3
          Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
          I'd rather see an Unreal Championship type game with it's style of movement. That game has so much more potential.
          Hmm...

Comment

Shorter dodge jumping is an interesting idea

If UT4's map scaling will be similar to UT3, will even the shortest of boost from an extra jump still nerf the gameplay?

Comment

no leave double jump but dont dont add dodge jump
              [EDIT] and 3 jumps to trigger jump boots please

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
                Would you like to see double dodge jumps come back in UT4(if Epic makes it)? (Please remember that it has it's disadvantages, but it might bring back Assault Trials, depending on what game modes are compatible for the mutator or if Assault mode exists.)
                i love assault trials so i voted a big YES!

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                  I'd rather see an Unreal Championship type game with it's style of movement. That game has so much more potential.
                  ^^

I've always thought that in a lot of ways, UC2 is what the 2kx series should have been.

Originally posted by JUNGLIST MOVEMENT View Post
                  Shorter dodge jumping is an interesting idea

If UT4's map scaling will be similar to UT3, will even the shortest of boost from an extra jump still nerf the gameplay?
                  I think, if they're going to go for it, they should really commit and do something UC2 style that can really benefit from the added agility options, instead of just having it for the sake of having it.
                  The 2kx series has a feel of being 100 different things without comitting to any of them. GOTY, UC2 and UT3 have a much more cohesive feel.
                  If it would add to the gameplay in a valuable way without hurting the close-range, grounded gameplay of GOTY, then I wouldn't mind it, but having a stunted dodge-jump just for the sake of having one seems unnecessary, and I' rather they really go for it if they're going to use it.

Comment

ut2k3/4 was more defensive with the shield gun and the dodge-jump to escape bullets...goty was fine to my eyes but the gameplay was less speed and i never had a "goty" feeling while playing UT3...lol(except on some remakes but it was limited to ambiances; sounds & visuals)
                    .... loosing the defensive side from ut2004 to ut3 turned the game in a rush affair....imo

.....+1 for the dodgejump

Comment

Working...
                    X