Double Dodge Jumps in UT4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Dodge Jumps in UT4?

Would you like to see double dodge jumps come back in UT4(if Epic makes it)? (Please remember that it has it's disadvantages, but it might bring back Assault Trials, depending on what game modes are compatible for the mutator or if Assault mode exists.)

what exactly is a double dodge jump?!

normally in the game theres only dodge. dodge jump was in 2k4 and found its way in ut3 only by a mutator.

well if dodge jump is meant here, i like it a lot since u get much faster across the map and generally more fun somehow.

but pls, get that ut4 out of your head. everyone here!

Comment

Why does this poll redirect me to a poll in the UT2 section. A poll about making polls? What? :S

Comment

Poll also directed me to ut2k4 section.... I voted no. I have a hard enough time hitting people now, they jump around enough already. I mean, we both do while fighting each other. It's really fun to have a running battle involving jump pads, but I just think the dodge jump in ut2k4 was a little over the top. Everyone was always flying around everywhere. I realize my opinion will probably be the minority one, the guys I play with are always reminiscing and wishing it was back. The UI from before, now that was sweet.... but that's another thread, I guess. Cheers!

Comment

Noooooo. Bad idea. UT3 brought back the grounded movement of GOTY, eliminating the hitscan spam that was UT2004.

Comment

Double jump is not a bad movement and with it u can make moving combo(with mour hoverboard hammer...) but a lot of players use it for moving in fight all the time.
            I think double jumping is good but not in each situation.
            Just my own idea.....
            and if there s no more double jump u can t use jump boot correctly: u need often to make a mouvement before using it! (for orb runner)

Comment

No.

10 chars

Comment

Double jump is not a bad movement and with it u can make moving combo(with mour hoverboard hammer...) but a lot of players use it for moving in fight all the time.
                I think double jumping is good but not in each situation.
                Just my own idea.....
                and if there s no more double jump u can t use jump boot correctly: u need often to make a mouvement before using it! (for orb runner)
                u missed the point. i guess the movement how it was in ut2k4 is meant (so having dodge jumps aswell). double jumping cant be removed.

if u play ut3 with dodge jump its a lot for fun imo. since u are not a sitting duck and even escape most of the spam. and its great for moving over the map.

Comment

I'd rather see an Unreal Championship type game with it's style of movement. That game has so much more potential.

Comment

ur refering to the double tapping of a directional, or some other form of dodging from previous UT's ?

if it's the first case then deffinetly yes.

if it's the second, then my vote (yes) isn't very precise since i didn't play any other ut(only 2k4 on campaign but i can't remember how it was) and i don't know...but still any type of dodging and movement is welcomed.

Comment

where is the: I don't care option?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterS_01 View Post
                        where is the: I don't care option?
                        How about you don't vote and you stfu?

Comment

Dodge jump is good but was overdone in UT2004. Reducing the height and length by half would've been good instead of removing. Or enable it only for flag and orb carriers.

Comment

Meh, I'll settle for double wall dodges and being able to do a wall dodge after a hoverboard jump.

Comment

You can already do a wall-dodge after a hoverboard jump. Just don't dodge onto the hoverboard first.

And I voted no. Dodge-jump means having over-scaled levels (in order to accommodate the movement) and makes projectile weapons less important, imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X