Improving your DM skills - Guide I wrote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improving your DM skills - Guide I wrote

Here is a short guide I wrote. I'm not claiming it's perfect, but hopefully it will help a few people who are looking for help.

AFAIK, there's no headshot bonus for the enforcer, so it would be wiser to aim for a bigger part of their body (for DM players, the biggest part is usually their ego )

Edit: Further down there's a general hint to "aim for the head". AFAIK, only the sniper rifle makes a difference where you hit. So why aim for what's harder to hit?

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
      AFAIK, there's no headshot bonus for the enforcer, so it would be wiser to aim for a bigger part of their body (for DM players, the biggest part is usually their ego )

Edit: Further down there's a general hint to "aim for the head". AFAIK, only the sniper rifle makes a difference where you hit. So why aim for what's harder to hit?
      hmm, from what i remember, the enforcer also makes a difference between head and body. not to sure about that though. the rest of the weapons don't make any difference so just aim for what you can hit better.

Comment

I just tested the enforcer head-shot against a bot. It took 5 hits in the torso to kill it and 5 hits in the head. So it doesn't appear to make any real difference (if any at all).

Comment

Originally posted by azurescorch View Post
          I just tested the enforcer head-shot against a bot. It took 5 hits in the torso to kill it and 5 hits in the head. So it doesn't appear to make any real difference (if any at all).
          hmm, most likely no difference at all. good to clear that out

so, except when you have a sniper, aim for what you can hit better

Comment

Only the sniper has a head shot bonus. Sniper damage to body is "only" 70, but sniper head shot deals 150 damage. oouch!

Comment

So would it be possible to surivive a head shot with 199 health?

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                Only the sniper has a head shot bonus. Sniper damage to body is "only" 70, but sniper head shot deals 150 damage. oouch!

It's 140 to the head. Double the 70

Comment

Originally posted by Ga-Reef View Post
                  So would it be possible to surivive a head shot with 199 health?
                  Yes... 140 damage.

Comment

Pretty good guide.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback/corrections guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                        It's 140 to the head. Double the 70
                        According to the Official Strategy Guide it's 150 damage. Maybe someone should test it to see if the guide is wrong. I have not found any other errors in it, but it was published in 2007 at the same time the game made it to the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Worth View Post
                          Thanks for the feedback/corrections guys.
                          I added your guide to the sticky thread. Very nice article.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                            I added your guide to the sticky thread. Very nice article.
                            Much obliged sir!

Comment

Thank you for the guide. It may help out those looking for a way to build their skillz

Comment

Working...
                              X